mcgill0311, Home Buyer in San Leandro, CA

fixer, fixer on the wall, who's the dearest of them all ?.......lol

Asked by mcgill0311, San Leandro, CA Tue Jun 25, 2013

with the market being "white hot" i've turned my attention to a fixer...looking for a 2-3 bedroom, 1-2 bath home with character. preferably built in the '20's i'm pre-approved and willing to go well over market value. i'm in the building field so im not discouraged by homes that are dated or in various states of disrepair. ideally a "pocket listing" would be the best fit, a seller that wants to avoid the process of traditional home staging/selling...... i have an agent and looking in the estudillo estates

Answers

4
Jon DeForest, Agent, Fremont, CA
Tue Jul 9, 2013
Everyone, and I mean everyone, is looking for that type of property right now. That being said, your best bet is to find something that is not yet on the market. Listing agents with "pocket listings" are far and few between and they are likely going to want to represent you on the deal as well. Cash speaks in the arena you are searching in. You are up against deep pocket investors who can offer all cash.
John Juarez, Agent, Fremont, CA
Tue Jul 2, 2013
Would it be fair to say that you are hoping to find a seller who is ignorant about what is going on in today’s market?

Is it fair to say that you are hoping the find an agent who is more interested in how much commission that he/she can make rather than how he/she can best serve the seller in question?
Pacita Dimac…, Agent, Oakland, CA
Tue Jun 25, 2013
Since you have an agent, your agent can also reach out to other agents, just like you have/did, to find a suitable property for you.

Good luck....
Yamille Koso…, , Hayward, CA
Tue Jun 25, 2013
Dear Fixer Fixer,

I'm a Realtor but also a Real Estate Investor that is always on the lookout for a good deal, ideally those that are not yet public and in the earliest of stages.... if you could message me with more specifics (things you have not mentioned on this post) on what you're looking for I'd love to help you find a terrific place to call home.

Yamille Kosowan
yamille@kosowanhomes.com