first time home buyer......... looking for any and all loans.......... dont know where to start.... thanks

Asked by Vctr5359, Staten Island, NY Tue Oct 8, 2013

Answers

13
Irina Nusink…, Agent, Staten Island, NY
Thu Oct 10, 2013
HI! VICTOR!

YOU WILL LEARN STEP BY STEP. Loan Officers will ask you questions.They will teach you in advance how to improve your credit score. How to behaved before applying for mortgage. What charges will be included in your CLOSING COST. What is the difference between monthly payments when you buy 1 or 2 FAMILY home and so much more...
Michael Denn…, Agent, Queens, NY
Wed Oct 9, 2013
Hi Victor, great question. Most of the top financial advisors (with nothing to gain or lose from your decision) will urge you to assemble an independent team of professionals when buying a home. Your team should include an experienced mortgage banker, buyers agent and attorney, who focuses on real estate. Family, friends and colleagues are a great source of referrals for a mortgage banker. The find A Pro tab here on Trulia is another good option. You can sort bankers by "most recommended" and review testimonials from past clients. The banker may recommend a buyers agent and an attorney, but you are not obliged to use their recommendation and should always choose the person with whom you are most comfortable and are best equipped to help you achieve your goals.

As for mortgage programs, guidelines and procedures that may affect who qualifies may vary from bank to bank and with the experience and knowledge of the banker you consult with. For instance, we offer no-bank closing costs programs with low rates on FHA/VA and conventional loans. Also, we are able to give you an actual mortgage commitment, before you find a home. Unlike a preapproval, which states that you may qualify for a mortgage, the mortgage commitment states that you are approved for the mortgage subject to a contract, appraisal and title report. Big difference!

I have over 6 years of experience helping New Yorkers to become successful homeowners and build wealth through real estate. I would welcome an opportunity to earn your business. Call me directly at 917.699.0183 for more info or email michaeldenniston247@gmail.com.

I value your opinion, please hit thumbs up or best answer, if my reply was helpful. All the best.

Michael Denniston
Senior Mortgage Banker
NMLS# 24076
The Federal Savings Bank
Direct Lender. All 50 States
Brian Nguyen, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Mission Viejo, CA
Fri Feb 14, 2014
First, I recommend you speak with a lender to apply for a loan and prequalify. When you apply for a loan, lenders like myself will need to look at several different things if you are trying to prequalify for a loan. 1) Proof of income for each person that will be on the mortgage which can be demonstrated through: one month of pay stubs, previous year's W-2 forms and tax returns, official documentation to demonstrate other forms of income (alimony, child support, etc.), and two year's tax returns if self-employed (all schedules, all pages) 2) Credit Report which they will pull 3) Employment History or Business Tax Returns if you're Self Employed 4) Personal assets such as: Recent balances and statements for bank accounts, most recent account statement demonstrating market value of any investments (stocks, bonds or certificates of deposit), documentation showing interest in retirement funds, face amount and cash value of life insurance policies, value of significant pieces of personal property, debt information, the balances and account numbers of your current loans and debts, including car loans, credit card balances and any other loans you may have. These are just a few things you should have ready when you begin your buying process. Well I hope this helps! If you have any other questions or if you would like a loan, feel free to contact me. Good Luck! Brian Nguyen Sr. Mortgage Banker NMLS # 659743 Phone: 949.667.2887 brian.nguyen@nafinc.com
William Allen, , Knoxville, TN
Thu Oct 10, 2013
Please give me a call if you are looking for a great lender. 810-335-3503. Or you can send me an email at wallen@proficiomortgage.com and I can send you an inquiry form to get your paperwork started and try to get you pre qualified.

William Allen
Mortgage Banker
Felix A. Gar…, Agent, staten island, NY
Wed Oct 9, 2013
Hi Vctr

I'm going to assume that your not working with a realtor yet because if you were you should have gotten prequalified already so I suggest that you get prequalified you can go to any bank. once your prequel now your ready for house hunting. If your still not sure then call me I can guide you in the right direction

Thanks Felix
917-692-7702
allan erps,A…, Agent, Pearl River, NY
Wed Oct 9, 2013
Maybe go to your local bank first to see where you stand.
Gary R. DeFi…, Agent, New York, NY
Wed Oct 9, 2013
Hello Victor:

If you are currently working with a realtor you should speak to him/her and ask for referrals to mortgage bankers. If you are not working with a realtor I would be happy to help you find a new home and put you in touch with mortgage bankers who can help you find the right mortgage loan for you.

Contact me at 718 689-3850
Gary R. DeFilippo, CMFS, ASD
NYS Lic. Real Estate Sales Associate
Neuhaus Realty
Lorraine Vel…, Agent, Staten Island, NY
Wed Oct 9, 2013
Talk to your Realtor..he or she will guide you in the right direction..
Bella Grossm…, Agent, STATEN ISLAND, NY
Wed Oct 9, 2013
Hi Victor, if you are working with a Broker or Realtor they can guide you into a right direction, you can also go to a local bank that you banking with and check with them what options do you have. The most important you need to feel comfortable and secure whoever you will be working with. If you have any questions, you can give me a call at (917)804-6638

Bella Grossman
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Wed Oct 9, 2013
Start with a local and trusted loan officer who can pre-qualify you., if you hire a good buyer broker, they can guide you with who you should use in your area,
Gail Gladsto…, Agent, 11743, NY
Wed Oct 9, 2013
Call Brian Tom of Vanguard at 516.448.2434.

Highly recommended.
Thomas Bohlm…, Agent, Rolesville, NC
Wed Oct 9, 2013
Talk with your Realtor. They will have options for you.

William Knoop, Agent, Staten Island, NY
Tue Oct 8, 2013
Please check out http://www.nysmortgagerates.com for some good info on rates and closing costs. Then send me a private e.mail and I can send you some info about some different types of loans.

Will Knoop