Melissa, Other/Just Looking in Branford, CT

first time home buyer - in new haven area...branford, E Haven N bran w haven? nice safe area with easy commut

Asked by Melissa, Branford, CT Sat Mar 7, 2009

I work in New haven, am a first time home buyer (no family yet) interested in a safe area with convient commute to New Haven and Hamden... good schools for possible family one day??

Answers

6
Phillip J. B…, , Branford, CT
Wed Dec 29, 2010
I live in North Haven. The taxes are low compared to many of the surrounding towns such as Hamden, and New Haven. My wife drives to Branford everyday with no problem since we are going against the traffic. Living in North Haven has many advantages with being near I91, I15, and close to I95. Please contact me at (203) 298-8017 if you would like to find more information about the town, and surrounding towns. I have lived in New Haven, Hamden, North Branford, and for the last 32 years in North Haven. Most of my clients also live in the Hamden, North Haven, Cheshire and Wallingford area.
Yankee, , Bethlehem, CT
Wed Apr 15, 2009
Property taxes in New Haven are very high and crime is an issue. East Haven has the most affordable waterfront property, unattractive center of town. Branford's town center is great, housing is on the expensive side. Lots of condos. North Branford is totally suburban, no waterfront.
For commuting, the shoreline has the Shoreline East Rail link to New Haven, a great way to commute. Frankly I'd try to buy in Branford.
Phil, , Guilford, CT
Fri Apr 3, 2009
East Haven will prob. be your most affordable option. I will gladly set you up to receive new listings in your area as soon as they become available if you send me an email of your needs, wants and price range.
Donna Spring…, , 06525
Sat Mar 7, 2009
Hi Melissa,
I have been a New Haven country Realtor working out of Woodbrige since 1995. There are many great areas to live in around and in New Haven. Are you familiar with Westville-- which is the section of New Haven near the Woodbridge line. It is a great urban location, with beautifully crafted homes and close to all types of public transportation. Also, with home prices now at all time lows -- Woodbridge offersmany affordable homes and is an award winning town of approximately 10,000 residents . Most homes are sited on 1+acres and the Amity School system carries a very strong reputation.

I could focus your search if I knew which type of setting you prefer, what price range you are looking in and what you need in a home. Then I could send you email listing notifications of homes that match your parameters. Let me know if I can help ..
Tania A. Ste…, , Madison, CT
Sat Mar 7, 2009
Hi Melissa,

There are many opportunities for first time homebuyers along the Shoreline from Branford to Westbrook , and, all within a reasonable commute to New Haven. Feel free to visit my web site for more information. If you have any questions just give me a call. Best, Tania
(203) 695-2544
Web Reference:  http://www.teamshoreline.com
Donna Bigda, Agent, Branford, CT
Sat Mar 7, 2009
Hi Melissa,

There are a number of properties in the Branford, East Haven, North Branford and West Haven area on the market right now for a first time homebuyer. You'll also have the added benefit of the $8,000 first time homebuyer credit that is currently available.

If you would be interested in getting more information about homes that will fit your needs, please feel free to contact me.

Also, keep in mind that my ability to help you is dependent upon understanding your particular needs and wants with respect to finding a home. So when you are ready to explore your real estate needs further, I will be happy to assist you.

Have a great day, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Donna Bigda
RE/MAX Alliance
203-488-1641, ext. 214