does anyone have any opinion with K B HOMES at the Quarry At Iron Mountain ?

Asked by Mary, San Antonio, TX Sun May 3, 2009

Answers

9
susmith911, , San Antonio, TX
Sun May 12, 2013
I wouldn't support this company!! very corrupt!
Thekbhomedan, Home Buyer, Bradenton, FL
Sun Apr 21, 2013
Looks like you may be able to find out more information at http://TheKBHome.com. They have a lot of articles, pictures, videos, and review from KB Homes homeowners.
Grace Morioka, Agent, San Jose, CA
Fri May 8, 2009
Hello Mary and thanks for your post.

Although I'm not familiar with KB Homes, the Quarry at Iron Mountain, my husband and I once owned a KB Homes condominium here in San Jose. At least here in Northern California, KB Homes properties were often subject to construction litigation due to problems that developed at the homes. Although our townhouse style condominium did not have any major problems, many homes in our condo complex developed problems and, ultimately, even our complex filed suit against KB. In all, I was not as impressed with their overall product as I was with other developers.

If you choose to purchase a home--even a brand new home--have the property inspected by a qualified new homes inspector. You will not regret the money or the time it will take to do a thorough inspection of the property. I would also suggest, especially if other product is being built, that you take the time to watch how the building is constructed and have your inspector make periodic inspections of the property while the building's "skeleton" (frame) is exposed. I'd like to think that the quality of KB's homes has improved over the years, but our first new home buying experience taught us to be cautious and not to assume that the product is good simply because we fell in love with the models.

Good luck on your home hunt and purchase!!

Grace Morioka, SRES, e-Pro
Area Pro Realty
San Jose, CA
ApartmentReb…, , San Antonio, TX
Fri May 8, 2009
I really, really, like the community.
Josh M. Boggs, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Mon May 4, 2009
Hello Mary,

As for opinions... you should find that it's really hard to get a direct opinion from anyone that is not YOUR Realtor. There is a fiduciary relationship that MUST exist before you should expect to receive a black/white answer. The end result will always be up to you the client, but if you want a TRUE direct answer, I may suggest speaking to a professional Realtor that you can trust. It's all explained in the IABS (Information about Brokerage Services) if you would like a copy e-mailed to you.

Note: You can most certainly use MLS to your advantage.. that's a great tool for your Realtor to help you understand a great deal about the builder you are dealing with.

God bless,

Josh
Web Reference:  http://www.eXposedHomes.com
Don Reser, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Mon May 4, 2009
My opinion is that real estate is based on the old saying location, location, location. In this location, neighborhood, the general neighborhood is good, but the specific neighborhood is in question because of the controversy surrounding the builder. Usually you hear the answer is price, but I am not as sure. There are many builders in the San Antoino area that have less controversy attached.
Jeff Kessler, Agent, Austin, TX
Sun May 3, 2009
Mary.
I used to work for KB Homes and they are a good builder. You just have to make sure you are your agent keep up with them.
I would always recommend a new home inspector to look over the home.
Just because it is new doesn't mean there will not be problems. This goes for all builders.
I just wrote a offer for a client up here in Austin on Friday. They are buying at Spring Trails
They really like the builder too.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Jeff Kessler
http://www.rebateontexashomes.com/html/kb_homes.html
Matt Stiglia…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Sun May 3, 2009
Mary,

Interesting you should post this right now. I've just written a blog post about this very subject.

I've been very involved with KB Home's Woods Of Alon and because of that have had experience with all the stuff going on at Quarry At Iron Mountain. I encourage you to read my post and see what a resident of the community has to say as well as my thoughts.

Hope it helps.

Matt Stigliano, Realtor®
210.240.6222
Exit Realty North-San Antonio
http://www.RErockstar.com
Frank Bailey, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Sun May 3, 2009
Hello Mary,

In terms of opinion, what are you looking for? Have you had the opportunity to view the homes there in person? I would love to touch base with you more in direct contact. I think your best way to define an impression on this home is to view the process in person and form your own opinion, at the end of the day, your impression will be the one that counts. I hope this helps!
Web Reference:  http://www.fabailey.com