Michael Dots…, Home Buyer in Marietta, GA

does anyone have any feedback about the Orange Shoals home development in Canton, GA?

Asked by Michael Dotson, Marietta, GA Tue Nov 13, 2007

My wife and I are looking to buy in the area and the appearances are great,
Would like to get any feedback either good or bad.

Answers

5
Theodore Tru…, , Cumming, GA
Mon Mar 9, 2009
Orange Shoals is a nice community with a variety of homes ranging from 200's-500's. There is a great trail system, and all of the homes are required to have side or rear entry garages which help the curb appeal. There are several builders represented here, so the home quality tends to be inconsistent. Some of the lots are very steep and poorly graded, so you should be aware of this too. Many homes there have finished basements; however it is best to check that the work was done according to permit, and that the septic and HVAC systems are sized accordingly for any significant basement upgrades. Also, carefully review the covenants as even simple violations like leaving a trash can within sight, or not properly trimming the bushes, or stacking your lawn chairs incorrectly will result in a letter. Nonetheless, lately there seem to be homes in this community that violate the covenants regularly with no effective repercussions. Yes, this is great community, but home quality varies wildly, and you must like covenants.
Jennifer K G…, , Canton, GA
Thu Mar 27, 2008
Hello Michael, Orange Shoals is a beautiful community located next to protected land. The nice thing about it, is that you never have to worry about a strip mall going in near it! The lots are large and what makes Orange Shoals unique is the settings. I have a link on my website where you can search every home in just Orange Shoals. If you have anymore questions, just let us know!
Kathryn Lars…, , Canton, GA
Thu Aug 20, 2009
I just sold a house to some clients I have worked with for a couple of y ears. They found a they loved - a sense of community, amenities, back yard with a creek, very attractive shingled home with lots of charm. I had the welcome wagon from the community call me to check on whether or not my clients had moved in - "we're behind but don't want to forget them".
I was impressed.
Would be happy to introduce you to them and show you around the neighborhood,.

Kathryn
davidwbrower, , Woodstock, GA
Tue Mar 3, 2009
One of my favorite communities, other than where I live, of course. Orange Shoals is a green space community and it is surrounded by natural buffers. Large lots, mature trees, great amenities and a beautiful and peaceful environment are many of the great features you would enjoy living in this community. I have clients of homes I've sold as well as bought in this community. I'd be glad to help you if you choose to purchase a home there, or anywhere else in N. Atlanta area. Give me a call if you have any further questions.

David Brower, Assistant Manager/Realtor
Crye-Leike Realtors
678-982-9600
david@davidwbrower.com
Web Reference:  http://www.davidwbrower.com
James Dudley, Agent, Suwanee, GA
Tue Nov 13, 2007
Michael,

Orange shoals is a nice community. Homes are priced from the mid 200's- 400's depending on if you want a basement or not.

I like that the lot sizes in this community because they are a little larger than most. The lots average at least 1 Acre in this community and there are nice trees left in the neighborhood which gives it a nice feel.

Canton is a great area experiencing alot of growth with a new mall on the way, great new hospitals, and good schools.

There are also many new home opportunities in the Canton area to consider with builders offering great discounts and incentive packages due to the sluggish real estate market. I would be happy to provide you with information on homes available in the Canton area or properties currently listed in the Orange Shoals subdivision. I hope this information was useful and be sure to contact me if you need anything else.