do you have rent to own listings?

Asked by Gfintn123, Spokane, WA Mon Feb 28, 2011

Answers

8
Jenny Mac, , Spokane, WA
Mon Feb 28, 2011
I agree w/ Dan and add: Caution! In our Spokane And Spokane Valley MLS we can search by "Lease Option " and " Lease Purchase" I just did that and found 36 homes listed this way and I agree more could be negotiated this way too. However you need recorded safety nets in place and much caution.

While a rent to own situation could be a win-win you could find yourself w/ (and many do) w/ your hopes and dreams gone in many instances like you pay the "rent" and the landlord-seller does not make the payment to the bank. Of course there are some measures to protect you from this but there are so many bad what is ifs. I would say title insurance would be very important!

There are many good reasons why a Buyer and a Seller may want to execute a "rent to own" agreement. And the best intentions could leave you homeless so seriously get professional help with this. Best of luck! Home ownership is a wonderful thing w/ many financial and social benefits!
no one, , Jackson County, AL
Mon Feb 28, 2011
The short answer is YES!

The long answer is... Most of the homes on the market currently will accept a lease option/rent to own program provided they have been on the market long enough and they are currently vacant.

I have 1 in Airway Heights currently that is a 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom.

I also work with people who will purchase the home of the client's choice for the sole purpose of a lease option/rent to own/owner financing.

You can contact myself or my collegue, Rochelle Norman to find out more.

Thank you!
Audra Beatty, Realtor
homes@SpokanePropertyExperts.com
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Mon Feb 28, 2011
Gfintn,
Lease options may be out there, but they are not easy to find or necessarily a good deal. I would strongly encourage you to find a great local agent who can set up a search for the homes. As an agent, we have far more filters than the public sites. You'll also need professional help negotiating terms.
There are some legitimate options, but there are also scams to be wary of. Move forward carefully.
Cole Haynes, Other Pro, Tampa, FL
Mon Feb 28, 2011
The big unknown about rent to own homes is that you don't need to search for homes that are available as a "rent to own."

With todays buyer's market you should be able to negotiate an option to purchase the majority of homes that are offered for rent on the market.

kidpearce17, Renter, Spokane, WA
Mon Feb 23, 2015
no I don't have any listingsof houses yet
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Tue Mar 1, 2011
Excellent points made by Cole and Audra. There are a lot of them out there, though many/most won't be listed that way. Here's a link to a blog I wrote on how to find rent-to-own and lease-option properties: http://bit.ly/findaleaseoption You'll see that some techniques do use the MLS (even when the properties aren't listed as rent-to-own). Others don't use the MLS.

But, bottom line: There are plenty out there.

Aaron Impeco…, , Spokane, WA
Tue Mar 1, 2011
I have three currently on the market with the right terms I can negotiate an owner contract, Ranging from 135k up to 185k If interested please call.
Cole Haynes, Other Pro, Tampa, FL
Mon Feb 28, 2011
Great answer, Audra!

I agree with you completely that most owners offering their home for sale or for rent will be willing to rent to own their home to you.