do buyers agent give a portion of there commission back to buyers in San Diego ? if yest what is typical or average amount (%) ?

Asked by homebuyer, San Diego, CA Tue Oct 2, 2012

Answers

5
Michael Ford’s answer
Michael Ford, Agent,
Tue Oct 2, 2012
it happens all the time. there are entire business plans built on it that are well known such as Redfin and many others in all areas.

Commissions are a sticky point especially for agents at low split brokerages. Find an agent that you like and propose the deal you want.

one word of advice...if you are a first time buyer you are going to be a lot of work for an agent...consider the payday for them as you ask for rebates. if you're a seeker of a very low priced home there are not too many commission dollars to go around so you will have a problem getting rebates there too.

Regardless of their protestations ALL agents have tossed in commissions at some point to grease a sticky deal and we all have repeat clients that get special deals
Bill Hays, Agent, Cardiff, AL
Mon Oct 8, 2012
First, not all buyer's agents are willing to consider contributing a portion of their commission as an opening concession to work a deal. Many are working for brokerages that are already taking a percentage of the commission and their are a lot of other considerations.

So there is no typical or average amount.

With that said, I just closed 2 transactions last week in which I provided both buyers a portion of commission to go toward their closing costs. Part of the consideration for me is how much time did I spend on the transaction - in other words, were they a buyer who was ready to buy, knew what they wanted, were highly qualified for their loan (or a cash buyer), and reasonable to work with.

If that is you, feel free to contact me tomorrow and we can further discuss what arrangements we can make - with me, the talk about pay less, get less is non-sense. I am in the top 1% in San Diego County in terms of serving the needs of buyers and sellers. I sell from the coast to Escondido to Santee to Chula VIsta.

Talk soon.

BeachBrokerBill
CA DRE 01775528
(7600 525-8698
Cindy Davis, Agent, San Diego, CA
Tue Oct 2, 2012
Very rarely. It's a delicate issue. We work for a living and we work hard for our commissions, How would you feel about going to work if someone asked you to do the same job for less?

I HAVE contributed to deals, but it's my choice about when and how to do so, usually when it will make or break a given deal. Working as a buyer's agent these days is hard work and often means writing many offers to get a deal. We earn every buck we can get.
I'm living in New Zealand at the moment. Thinking of returning to the States next year in June. Am looking for a small home conveniently located from daily activities such as grocery shopping, window shopping, & movies. Would you help me to find such home? Looking forward hearing from you.
Flag Mon Oct 8, 2012
Robert Boern…, Agent, El Cajon, CA
Tue Oct 2, 2012
Every transaction and client/broker relationship is unique so this is not an easy question to answer. I can tell you that I have provided clients with a very large percentage of my commission under some circumstances. Rarely do I discuss this with the client ahead of time though and the clients are not expecting anything in advance.

Sometimes, negotiations may require a relatively small amount of money to close the gap between the buyer's offer and the seller's desired price. Agents can use part of the commission to allow the transaction to be closed as long as everyone involved is aware of it and approves.
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Tue Oct 2, 2012
Do plumbers give you CASH back when they unclog your drains?
What is TYPICAL?
haha ,,, I liked your response ...
was reading somestuff online so though will just ask ... sorry I dont mean to offend anyone here ...
Flag Tue Oct 2, 2012