do I need an atterny in de.or va.

Asked by lalib119, Berlin, MD Tue Jul 9, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


, ,
Wed Jul 10, 2013
They are correct in VA you do not need an attorney for a loan closing. In Deleware however, an attorney is required for a loan closing.
0 votes
Charles Evel…, Agent, New Kent, VA
Wed Jul 10, 2013
No, you do not have to use an attorney in Virginia. You are allowed to use a title company if you wish. However, should a legal issue arise, the title company is not allowed to represent you. It would be highly advisable to use an attorney on such an important transaction.
0 votes
Brenda Feria, Agent, Richmond, VA
Tue Jul 9, 2013
In VA you can use an attorney or a title company to do your closing, however if you use a title company, you will not have legal representation, should an issue arise. That is why the fee is less. You would have to go out an hire an attorney should legal issues be involved with your transaction. In the long rund, this could cost you more than having an attorney do your closing from the beginning.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more