Traceys, Home Buyer in 01225

do I need a lawyer to close on a house in Barnstable, Mass?

Asked by Traceys, 01225 Sat Jul 23, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Shane Milne, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, South Jordan, UT
Sat Jul 23, 2011
If you are using financing then I'd make sure the closing attorney has a paralegal that helps them when they are in court - as a lender it can be fairly aggravating to need a document or information from a closing attorney who is in court for the next 2 days, etc. I've worked with out there in Yarmouth Port before, it was a pleasant experience.
1 vote
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Sat Jul 23, 2011
If you are working with a Realtor they should be able to assist you with an attorney name(s)

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
0 votes
Louis Wolfs…, Agent, Needham, MA
Sat Jul 23, 2011
Remember that Bank attorney's represent the banks interest. They can handle the closing for you but again they represent the bank. Example. The property has a clean title - good for you and the bank. You want to have horses on your property and there is a law that says you can't. Not important to bank, they can close, important to you and your stuck either loosing your deposit or buying a property that you can't do what you intented to do.

Hope that helps.
Web Reference:
0 votes
Marie Souza…, Agent, Centerville, MA
Sat Jul 23, 2011
Hi Traceys - Are you getting a mortgage? If yes, then the Bank will assign an Attorney to do the closing.
Best of luck!
The Marie Souza Team - Top Selling On Cape Cod
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more