dishonest builder did not follow building specifications.

Asked by scrappy30, 02864 Mon Dec 10, 2012

I had a house built and moved in earlier this year. Our building specs say that the builder was supposed to waterproof the foundation. He did not and now it leaks. We have already signed the purchase and sales agreement. Do we have any chance of getting the builder to make good on his written and signed building specs document and fix his mistake? we have been living in the house for 6 months? What are my chances if this goes to court?

Answers

1
Patricia Wash, Agent, North Attleborough, MA
Wed Jan 30, 2013
It would be interesting to know more about the language in the specs regarding the "waterproofing" means the builder agreed to.
It would also be interesting to know what kind of leakage and from where the leaking is occurring.
Are you in communication with the builder?
Is there a one year warranty on the new construction.
Did you have a buyers agent working for you?
Do you have an attorney?
New construction is not easy and not without peril. Have an attorney review the specs and negotiate on your behalf. Hope you can work it out.