Home Buying in Charlotte>Question Details

Newconstruct…, Home Buyer in Charlotte, NC

current John Wieland new construction price negotiation advice in Charlotte, NC area?

Asked by Newconstructionhelp, Charlotte, NC Fri Mar 30, 2012

John Siddons & Mike Laine’s answer
Hire a buyers agent! Doesn't cost you anything and sometimes builders will give you incentives and bonuses that you wouldn't have gotten had you not used a REALTOR. E-mail me directly for more in depth information.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 30, 2012
As a former new home sales representative I can tell you that your best bet without a doubt is to hire a realtor to be your buyers agent. It costs nothing to you as john wieland and other builders alike pay the commission and its already built into their home price. Not only will you not get a better deal without a realtor, but you are putting yourself at risk because the on site sales rep works for the seller and has the sellers best interest in mind. You have no one looking out for you and your best interest. This is often the biggest mistake a buyer can make when buying a new home! It costs nothing to you so my question would be to you, why would you want to buy one of the biggest investments of your life and not have someone in your corner looking out for you and helping you negotiate and making sure your best interests are in mind? If you would like to talk further and in more depth about your options let me know. I can be reached at 704 560 1656 anytime.
We are also looking at new Wieland construction and were just discussing if we needed to get an agent. If you moved forward, were they open negotiation?
Hello Newconstructionhelp,

I would say that every situation is different.....lot, community and if the home is a spec home make a lot of difference. I have been able to help several clients with new construction and at least get something in the deal to make it worth while....whether it be appliance inclusions like a fridge or washer/dryer, blinds, closing costs or assistance with price reduction, there is always some angle we can work. Let me know if I can be of assistance by emailing me privately at jen1@kw.com.

Have a great weekend!!

Jen Mildenberger
Good evening, New Construction Help.
You should be aware that everyone the builder has you meet with works for them. But when you come in with a New Home Buyers Agent Advocate you will have someone working exclusively for you, always in your best interest. from the first contact through negotiations and construction to the final settlement and closing. Every decision. All the time.

The great thing with the advertized price of homes builders sell, is that a Realtor's commission is included so you can have a New Home Buyers Agent Advocate expertise at no additional cost to you. Buyers who fail to choose exclusive representation from their own Buyer Agent Advocate should expect to miss many thousands of dollars in unadvertised upgrades and savings. Because the built-in commission is not taken off of the price, your choice is essentially putting extra profit in the Builders pocket without any benefit to you. You should read the Trulia Blog "Buyer Agent Advocate for New Home" If you have a full time agent with a Masters degree in Planning with Finance and over two decades of experience, working for you, you will likely do better in negotiations. I'd be pleased to provide that service. ... if you appreciate this answer, please give it a "thumbs up", or if this was the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a "best answer" click .
thank you all for your advice; but can anyone give me some hard numbers on how flexible Wieland has been recently?
My advice is to hire a buyer's agent. There is no cost to you since it is covered by the builder at closing to be paid...Representation is the key in getting the best possible deal you can get from a builder. i have negotaited numerous new home sales on behalf of clients and all have walked awy with better deals than if they had tried on their own.

The sales rep works for the builder and is looking out for the builder's best interest....not yours.

Dave diCecco
You can have a buyer's agent (paid by the builder) to help you with negotiations. All new construction is negotiable, just as all re-sale homes are. If you would like to talk about this, give me a call. I have a lot of experience in helping buyers negotiate deals on new home construction.
As a real estate broker that came from New Construction Homes sales I would love to give you advice and guide you through the process of buying a home from a builder. Remember the on site sales agent represents the seller, not you the buyer, so there best interest is the builder not yours. It does not cost you to have a realtor when buying a new construction home as the comission is built into the price whether you use a realtor or not. They prefer you dont use a realtor in fact, this is 3% in most cases more money in their pockets since they budget this amount into the price.
I would love to go over this in more depth and explain other advantages and how I can help you get the very best deal possible.
Contact me anytime at 704-560-1656
or john@johnkurtzhomes.com
John Kurtz
Well, you know, everything is negotiable in this market. Do you have a Buyer's Agent that is representing your interests? If not, please contact me.

Debbie Arriero
Arriero Realty, Inc.
The best advice that I could give you is to hire a Realtor to work you in negotiating. Its not going to cost you anything extra and will safe you alot of time, money, and hassel in the end. If your interested I'd be happy to speak with you in further detail.

Josh Fretz - SFR
Broker / Realtor NC-SC
RE/MAX Metro Realty