could you please tell me how many days on the market for 316 guiberson st. santa paula

Asked by Letty, Santa Paula, CA Thu Oct 29, 2009

Answers

4
Heidi Golff, Agent, Ventura, CA
Tue Apr 6, 2010
Hello again, Letty,

Were you ever able to make your purchase of 316 Guiberson? If not, are you still looking to make a home purchase in the foreseeable future? There are certain tax benefits that are expiring soon plus others that just started up. Call me if you want to jump back into the real estate arena!
Ted Mackel, Agent, Simi Valley, CA
Thu Oct 29, 2009
Hi Letty,

The only recent listing on the street is 517 Guiberson. That is an expired short sale. I am a member of the Socal MLS and double checked to see if it was listed there.

In Ventura County, the MLS system is now sharing data with the MLS systems in Los Angeles. The data share has not been finalized but we do know that it has begun on a limited basis and by the end of the year all the listings in Ventura County and in the Los Angeles area covered by the CARETS system will give agents in both territories access to all listings. This is a good situation for sellers in that their listings will be exposed to a much larger market area and will help buyers such as you in the sense that listings like this one which may be in an out of the area MLS will be easier to find.

There we agents that either could not afford to be a member of both territories, did not see the value in membership in both or in the case of our neighbors to the south - did not know that the coverage stopped at the county line.

So if you are looking for listings in Ventura County and the information is tough to find, we are hoping by the 1st fo the year that this will all be a thing of the past.
Web Reference:  http://www.homebuysblog.com
Barry Shapiro, Agent, Camarillo, CA
Thu Oct 29, 2009
Hi Letty,
The property does not show on the local MLS. In the event another out-of-area brokerage is selling it, be aware that it would be a "short sale", based on the mortgage liens vs. current market value.
Heidi Golff, Agent, Ventura, CA
Thu Oct 29, 2009
Hello Letty,

I think you will have to call the realtor on the sign; this home is not listed in the multiple listing service. It is possibly listed by an out of area broker who is not a member of this local board. I suggest you try http://www.realtor.com to see if you can find it there. Sometimes that is where these homes end up that are listed by, for instance, a Los Angeles or Bakersfield broker. Sellers sometimes think they are saving money or something by listing this way - perhaps the broker is a relative - but here you are, a qualified buyer, and I can't find the home! I would be happy to speak to the broker on the sign on your behalf if you email me with his/her name.