Lucy, Home Buyer in Cleveland, OH

could a Canadian resident buy a house in usa?

Asked by Lucy, Cleveland, OH Thu Nov 14, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Brian Nguyen, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Mission Viejo, CA
Mon Feb 10, 2014
There are lenders like myself that offer loans for this particular scenario. One loan to consider is the Foreign National Loan. These loans are meant for non-residences/citizens seeking a home loan in the United States. Also, this type of loan usually requires about 20% down or more depending on the documents you have available so be prepared for that. It can also be more if you are seeking a high loan amount. Well I hope this helps! If you have any other questions or if you would like a loan, feel free to contact me. Good luck! Brian Nguyen Sr. Mortgage Banker Phone: 949.667.2887
0 votes
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Fri Nov 15, 2013
Hi Lucy,

The US government actually places very few restrictions on foreign nationals purchasing real estate in the United States which encourages foreign ownership. So buying property here is quite similar to buying in Canada.....consider targeting a location and identifying an agent to support your interests and respond to your specific questions along the way.

Good luck,

0 votes
I would be able .....
Flag Sat Nov 16, 2013
Kimberly Law…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Fairfield, OH
Thu Nov 14, 2013
Yes. Up to 65% loan to value. If I can answer any add'l questions I'd be happy to help. Best wishes otherwise, Kimberly Lawson, mortgage loan originator - Ohio only. Contact and licensing information can be found on my profile. (Writing from my cell, please forgive unintended auto corrections.)
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more