co-op potential buyer in the near future...in need of an agent. what is the fee?

Asked by Aris, Queens, NY Fri Mar 22, 2013

Answers

13
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Fri Mar 22, 2013
Generally as a buyer representation is at no cost to you; the seller pays commission at closing out of the proceeds of the sale; if two agents are involved the fee is shared; unless you have an agreement with your agent to pay above what the seller is already offering.
Belal Mohd, Agent, Rego Park, NY
Sat May 25, 2013
There is no fee to you unless you sign an "exclusive buyer broker agreement".
You can contact any agent without obligation, who would happily show you properties. However, should you choose to work with just one agent, get recommendations from friends, relatives, co-workers etc. You can also look at MLSLI, TRULIA, ZILLOW etc. to find experienced pros in the area of your choice. After seeing a few properties with that agent if you don't feel right, switch!
Felma Rollo, Agent, New York, NY
Wed May 22, 2013
You don't have to pay a Real Estate Agent if you are the buyer. It's the seller that gives commission to the Agent. My name is Felma Rollo with Bonatierra Realty. My cellphone is 917-378-1592.
Shu Du, Agent, New York, NY
Wed Apr 3, 2013
I can help you, call me at 718-304-6833. Shu
Cesar Garcia, Agent, Jackson Heights, NY
Tue Apr 2, 2013
Aris,

How are you doing? If you are looking for buyer representation then you need to sit down with an agent and discuss all the details and fees. For the most part agents are working for the owner and they have already established the fee for services. This should not affect you and your plans to purchase all you need to do is get pre-approved and don't forget to discuss the banks fees for a coop which are usually less than buying a condo or a house.

When looking for a buyers agent look for someone that has either a CBR or ABR designation. They have experience working with buyers directly.
Shu Du, Agent, New York, NY
Sat Mar 30, 2013
I can help you, call me at 718-304-6833. Sue
, ,
Tue Mar 26, 2013
Hello Aris. It can be tricky to get financing for coops, as many banks won't do them. I work with several lenders who can help. If you're looking to get pre-qualified for financing please feel free to reach out to me. Best of luck!
Jeff, I don't sell coops, I help obtain financing for them. I work with about 25 lenders and many of them don't do coops. In addition, the lenders that do coops have to have the specific project on their approved list. They can certainly be tricky.
Flag Wed Mar 27, 2013
Brian, I don't know where you sell real estate, but in Jackson Heights, where co-ops were perfected as a way to own real estate in the early 1920s, we have no trouble getting mortgages for co-ops. As long as they are owner occupied in more than 75% of the units.
Flag Tue Mar 26, 2013
Abdul Nasher, , Queens, NY
Sat Mar 23, 2013
I have to meet with u in my office.
Please call me@
718-501-4779
Thanks.
Aris, Home Buyer, Queens, NY
Fri Mar 22, 2013
I appreciate the responses and i had no intention of violating any ethical standards in your profession.

I ask because i wasnt sure if it would be part of the closing costs. Secondly because i would prefer a knowlegable agent not just someone trying to sell their listing so they can get their commission.
Jeff Putterm…, Agent, Jackson Heights, NY
Fri Mar 22, 2013
Jacques is correct. Agent's cannot discuss fees in this kind of forum. Or any other.

What a buyer should do is look at properties with several different listing agents. Then decide which agent you believe you can trust. That's the best help a buyer can get: an honest agent who isn't simply selling him his or her listings.
Fajardo Dela…, Agent, Flushing, NY
Fri Mar 22, 2013
I would love to sit down and is what your are needing from an agent.
Then we can discuss fees and how I can help you.
Jacques Ambr…, Agent, Forest Hills, NY
Fri Mar 22, 2013
frankly agents are not permitted to discuss fees in a forum such as this. You should talk to a local professional to answer any questions you may have
Yuen Wong, Agent, Jackson Heights, NY
Fri Mar 22, 2013
Hi Aris,
The fees associated with the purchase of a coop vary because each coops fee are different.
They usually range from $500-$2000 depending on where would like to live. Please give me a call at your earliest convenience and we can discuss further.
Benny
917-225-9332