closed escrow, but overpaid the seller on property taxes, how do i get my part back.

Asked by Ron, Los Angeles, CA Fri Feb 6, 2009

Hi, I am the buyer, and escrow is closed. I reimbersed the seller on property taxes for my part of the year that the seller had already paid. But the property was reassesed by the county to a lower price, and issue a refund to the seller, andi had no knowledge of this as it was done prior to the sale. Part of that refund should be mine, can someone help me as to what i should do, ir who needsto address the issue.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Yanni Raz, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, los angeles, CA
Fri Jun 12, 2009
Did you already talked to your client and he refused to give you the money?
If he will not give you the money than try to contact your title and escrow company, they will ehlp you.

Good Luck.
Web Reference:
0 votes
Keith Sorem, Agent, Glendale, CA
Sat Feb 7, 2009
You should address this with the escrow company. They are familiar with the details and would be the best resource. You paid them as part of your closing costs, so they should "make it right".
0 votes
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Fri Feb 6, 2009
Title company is authority regarding any errors made. Contact their office on Monday morning review all particulars.
Web Reference:
0 votes
Penny OBrien, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Fri Feb 6, 2009
Have you contact the escrow company you used. They would be more than happy to help with this matter.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more