can you switch buyers agent if you find your agent isnt preforming?

Asked by Stacy, Colorado Tue Jun 10, 2008

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Jim Kelder,C…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Tue Jun 10, 2008
Yes. Be sure to get a MUTUAL cancellation signed by the BROKER just as you would with a listing agreement. If you did not sign a Buyer/Broker agreement, absolutely. (Broker since 1984).
0 votes
Dianne Mitch…, , Wyckoff, NJ
Tue Jun 10, 2008
Absolutely, one thing I have learned in 28 years of selling Real Estate is you dont own the customer.
You give the best service you can and always over deliver, thats the way to earn customer loyalty.
If you really have a problem with your Realtor, then speak to their manager'/owner and explain your feelings, they should be more than happy to resolve your situation and keep you as a happy consumer.
Very important to communicate how you feel, rather than just go off with another salesperson, the manager can be very helpful and I'm sure this isnt the first time this situation has occured.
Good Luck
0 votes
Karlene Grim…, Agent, Orlando, FL
Tue Jun 10, 2008
Yes you can if your contract you signed permits it. Look for the information that you signed from that Buyers agent, because it may be as easy as. I would not like to work with you anymore. Or if the agent showed you a property that you are interested in, you may have to purchase that property with that agent. If you need a great buyers agent, let me know. I work for coldwell banker and their agents are fabulous. Top notch quality and expertise and experience is vital in this market
0 votes
Cheryl Bedna…, , Ocala, FL
Tue Jun 10, 2008
Different states may have different regulations. Here, in FL, Yes, you can switch Buyer's agents if you're displeased with service. The Buyer signs a Broker's Disclosure Statement as a state requirement to inform the buyer of the Broker's duties and obligations. However, it only guarantees commission to the Broker if you close on a house they procured with you. If there is no contract you can switch agents with no commitment to the previous agent/broker. You can contact the National Association of Realtors to get regulations for each state.
Web Reference:
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more