can you put a time limit in your offer on going to contract? also does my address need to be shown on the offer?

Asked by greatbay1997, Gardiner, NY Sat Jan 4, 2014

i had recently lost a house after they signed my purchase offer and stalled going to contract and getting a higher offer. listing agent refused to disclose the offer also. i feel like they were trying to milk me for more money because my long island address was shown on the offer. if my address needs to be shown can i use my po box i have in gardiner?

Answers

1
Barbara Cart…, Agent, New Paltz, NY
Sat Jan 4, 2014
You can certainly put a time limit on your offer and ask your agent to be present when the offer is submitted, so that you can be sure it was submitted as offered. You may ask that your address be withheld from the purchase offer, or use your PO Box.
Good luck, I hope your offer is accepted.
Barbara Carter
Quinn Realty Group 550 Route 299 Highland NY 12528
i know that you can put a time limit on the offer being answered. but can you put a time limit on the offer going to contract? the mistake i made with my last offer was that i did not put a 24hr time limit for it to be answered. and they took full advantage of that and stalled for almost 2 weeks and got a better offer.
Flag Sat Jan 4, 2014