can you buy an old church as a residential property? What specifics do I need to know before purchase?

Asked by Vanessa Crislip, 36 cherry st. germantown, oh Sun Apr 6, 2008

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


James Gordon…, Agent, Hamilton, OH
Mon Apr 7, 2008
I would contact the Germantown zoning board to find out if the intended use would be acceptable.

Their phone number is 937-855-7255.

If you want to go in and explain what you want to do they are at 75 Walnut.

A lot of the issue will be the area zoning if it is in a commercial area you may have a problem but if it is residential or agg they may work with you.
Web Reference:
0 votes
Sandy Shores, Agent, Melbourne, FL
Sun Apr 6, 2008

You will probably need to consult with the city's planning and zoning board to see if this would be a possibility. If it's not zoned residential, then you probably wouldn't be able to live there. What is the current zoning? Is it in an area that the zoning could be changed? However, your best bet is to see what zoning says. They will be able to answer all of your questions.

Good luck to you,
Sandy Shores
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Germantown Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more