can you buy a house if you are still married but separated and with no money down?

Asked by Diane, Troy, OH Thu Oct 14, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


James Deskins, Agent, Worthington, OH
Thu Oct 14, 2010
Nope. The only true no-money down program is VA for veterans. Even if you qualified you can't buy a house without your current spouse signing a "release of dower" at the minimum. That's the rule in Ohio. And, if you are going through a divorce, or may be soon, no lender will touch you. Sorry, that's just the way it is.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Troy Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more