jhkogger, Home Buyer in Rochester Hills, MI

can you bid on new homes to be built or is the asking price firm?

Asked by jhkogger, Rochester Hills, MI Mon Feb 4, 2013

It never hurts to find out if there is any "wiggle" room. A lot of buyers go to a builder and think they will get a better deal than if they work with a realtor as the builder pays the realtor but it's not true. Realtor's are professional home negotiators. Typical buyers make offers on homes a few times in their lives but agents do it many times a year! Find a great agent and have them help with the new home buying process!

Jeff and Kaye Piggot
Re/Max Real Estate Group
In this market the asking price on a new built house is pretty firm. Sometimes you can get a builder to throw in appliances or something but new built homes are in demand right now and you have that old law of supply and demand. Please let me know if you are in need of a realtor to help you with your home search.
Thank you
Becky Drob
Real Estate One
Builders are finally back in business and the ones that I have worked with don't need to negotiate. The showrooms are filled on the weekends. But there are things that you can ask for in your contract that would get you the same result as a reduction in price but just asked for in another way. If you need some advice, I would be happy to help you.

Kathy Persha, Realtor
Nextage Advanced Realty
If the home is not built, what is there to offer on. If you want to write an offer for a home to be built you can discuss your wants and needs and come up with a price you are comfortable with. It is wise to take a Realtor with you who can negotiate for you and point out things you may not be familiar with. I do work in the Rochester area and can assist you with information.

Pam Bava, Realtor

You need an experienced agent to help you with this. What types of things are you trying to negotiate?
Please contact me and we can knock on the big questions.

Most builders are willing to negotiate. The best advice I can give you is to work with a Realtor when buying new construction. They can advise to values I'd homes in the area and negotiate as a third party.
If you need the assistance of a buyer's agent I would be happy to help.

Good Luck,

Karen Paytas
Real Living Kee Realty
Some BUILDER are building SPEC homes, and are more than willing to deal.
Most of them will let you bring your Realtor with you, and they will pay their commission.
This is a good idea.