can i put an offer on a house which is under offer?

Asked by Steph, liverpool,england Sun Apr 20, 2008

Answers

3
John Hamilton, , Hot Springs Village, AR
Sun Apr 20, 2008
Hello Steph,
I visited Liverpool in the erly 70's while stationed near Ipswich in Suffolk. A friend of mine was from Goosetry which is near Manchester and we can up to visit his heritage. My wife is from Ipswich and we come over every year to visit her Mom. Anyway.. to answer your question, yes you can make an offer on a property that already has an offer on it. As another agent mentioned to you, your offer would be subordinate to the first offer. If the other Buyer made a Contingency Offer, say their offer is contingent upon them selling their home, then if you made an offer, they may have from 24 to 72 hours in which to decide to remove their Contingency and lock in their contract. If they did not remove the contingency then the Seller may have the right to accept a subsequent offer. I hope this helps some. Of course in America, every State has different laws concerning real estate, so there may be variations to what I have told you. Where do you plan to move to?
Ben, Home Buyer, England, AR
Thu Sep 24, 2009
Another yes! from Quickpropertysales.org

Especially if it's a Uk repossession property under offer. They are by law suppose to market the property up until exchange. This makes it sometimes good for people wanting a last minute bargin and of course the banks/owners who receive a high last minute offer but often bad for the original buyer.

http://www.quickpropertysales.org
C Tann-Starr, , 11354
Sun Apr 20, 2008
Hi Steph,

Yes you can. Request that your offer be presented to the owners and held as a back up offer in case the first deal falls through.

Regards, C.
Web Reference:  http://www.TannStarr.com