can i lease optio a home in my corporate name?

Asked by Justin Douglas, Philadelphia, PA Sun Apr 26, 2009

Answers

2
Lana Lavenba…, Agent, Grants Pass, OR
Mon Apr 27, 2009
I wou assume you can - but youknow what assumptions do. The best way to find out the way to lease the property is to speak with either your attorney or tax person to see if that works for both requirements. I don't know what other reason you would have for doing a lease in the corporate name. If I can be of service...please let me know.
Dirk Knudsen, Agent, Hillsboro, OR
Sun Apr 26, 2009
Jack;

I do not see why not. It is all about the money really. That would be up to a seller but Corporations make contracts every day and they are legal entities correct? Than it follows that a corporation could enter into a lease with an option to buy. Make sure that the option can be assigned. It may be very hard indeed for your corporation to obtain a mortgage to buy a home and you may have to at that point convert the option personally.

Are you trying to conceal your personal involvement in the home for some reason??? I am sure it can be done but I guess the question would be why?? It does not matter to me but remember that you may end up having to answer that very question for the owner of the property.

All my best and I hope this was helpful to you.

regards;

Dirk Knudsen
Re/Max Hall of Fame
503-799-8383
Web Reference:  http://www.theknudsens.com