can i decline an offer on the house when i got an offer?

Asked by Woody, manassa park,va Thu Jan 1, 2009

Answers

4
Diana Margala, Agent, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Thu Jan 1, 2009
Hi Woody:

In California the buyers have the right to check out the property and change their mines within a time period that is specified in the Contract. You would need to check with your agent and find out if you have such a time period in your state.

Good Luck
Diana 909-945-5763
Web Reference:  http://www.dianam.com
Vicky Chrisn…, Agent, Purcellvile, VA
Thu Jan 1, 2009
Woody - your question is not clear. Please offer more details and we'll try to assist you. In any case, your best bet is your personal agent. If you don't have one, then please hire one to assist you.
AJ Heidmann, Agent, Arlington, VA
Thu Jan 1, 2009
Woody,

I assume you are talking about declining an offer on a property that you are selling. You have the option to decline any offer, just as long as the reason doesn't violate the Fair Housing Act. However, unless you are planning on withdrawing your home from the market altogether, we would suggest that you make a counter offer at the Price & Terms that are more acceptable to you.

If you provide a little more info about your situation, we can give you a more targeted answer.

Best of Luck!
Can the reason be that circumstances of the seller have changed? I got an offer on our house the same day I was going to cancel our listing. Am I stuck? Am I forced to counter offer and hope THEY decline? I am really worried.
Flag Mon Jan 21, 2013
Cindy Jones, Agent, Alexandira, VA
Thu Jan 1, 2009
If you are working with a buyer's agent they are the ones who should be advising you on offers and counter-offers and what each one means to you. Any other agent who gives you advise could possibly be in violation of the Code of Ethics.
Web Reference:  http://cindyjoneshomes.com