can i ask for only waterfront homes to email me ... there is no where on your page to ask for that

Asked by J Judd, Cape Coral, FL Thu Feb 9, 2012

Answers

11
Cliff Woodha…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Fri Dec 28, 2012
Rob , Trulia does not break down the MLS listings for clients like the experienced agents can. If you wish, I can set you up on an auto MLS email listing that will cover all your criteria. Email me for info on how to do this cliff@cliffwoodhall.com
Neil Blair-B…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Thu Feb 9, 2012
Is you preference for gulf access or freshwater? There is a distinct price differential between the two. What is your purpose for the water? Boating? Or just scenic? Are you considering full time residency or part time? The reason for these questions is to determine the value of the water to you. For instance, if you are a full time avid boater, then depending on budget, you would probably want a good fast gulf access property. If boating wasn't a big deal, then you might want to consider a nice freshwater view, save your boat money and join a boat club.

Here is a link dedicated to only waterfront properties, the latest listings are on the page, the rest are divided by sections.

http://hope4homebuyers.info/cape-coral-waterfront-homes/

Neil G. Blair-Bennett
Managing Broker
(239) 645-3798
NeilBlairBennett@gmail.com
Web Reference:  http://Hope4HomeBuyers.info
, ,
Thu Feb 9, 2012
The other reason to work with an agent is because you can only see so much from the online photos. Some homes look appealing, but then when you get to see them you realize they are a waste of your time, and others don't show as well in pictures. An agent will be better equipment to listen to your likes and dislikes than a computer, will eventually get to know what you are looking for, and only show you those homes that you should be considering, rather than wasting your time on ones they know you will never like.
Just my opinion of course, as I am not a realtor.
Mike Lombardo, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Mon Jul 1, 2013
Hey Rob,

Trulia doesn't have a function to filter for waterfront styles. I'd be happy to set you up on an MLS search that will include any criteria you want and you'll receive automatic email updates when a property that matches your criterion comes on the market. Let me know if this is something that you'd like to be set up on.

Kind regards,

Mike Lombardo
Mike@mikelom.com
239-898-3445
Web Reference:  http://mikelom.com
Robert Guth, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Fri Dec 14, 2012
I agree with Neil. I think "Gulf Access" homes can be overrated. Unless you are positioned very close to the river, which you will pay a premium price for, you will end up finding out that it takes you an hour to get to the river, and then another hour to get to the Gulf. Do that once, and suddenly your boat is going to waste. Many of these folks end up keeping their boat on a trailer or stored. Freshwater canals have much to offer. The fishing is outstanding, and less headaches.

Here is an example of a home for sale right now that dollar for dollar is an outstanding deal, and can be financed with a payment under $1000 per month:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGXc81jYAno
Terry McCarl…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Sun Apr 8, 2012
Yes you can...email me at leecountyrealtor@earthlink.net or call me at 239-707-4575 and I will assist you.
AJ Ackerman, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Sat Apr 7, 2012
The beautiful thing about making a decision to live on Florida’s gulf coast is the number of bodies of water around that exist. Buying a home on the water in the Southwest Florida area can be one of the best investments you’ll ever make. With Fort Myers Beach, Vanderbilt Beach, Sanibel & Captiva Islands, the Caloosahatchee River, and manmade canals and lakes all within 40 miles of the central
Southwest Florida area, buying a home on the water was never so available.

Certain water bodies are more desirable than others. It is important to assess pricing in comparison to location. Cape Coral, for example, has many properties listed as waterfront or gulf access, yet it can take up to an hour to get to the gulf by boat in most cases.

Wastewater runoff and leftover septic tanks from homes that have paid the water assessments are also things that make purchasing a home on a canal less than appealing.

Buying a home on the waterfront or canal in Cape Coral can run from $150,000 to over a million depending on the size of the home.

Fort Myers real estate on the Caloosahatchee River can range from a few hundred thousand to a few million dollars, while beachfront property can go into the multimillions in places like Sanibel and
Captiva. If a beachside mansion doesn’t quite fall into your budget, consider purchasing a beachside condominium or purchasing a home with quick and easy access to the beach.

The amazing thing about the Southwest Florida area is literally everywhere you go, you can access the water in no time at all. Inexpensive houses can be found in central locations with close access to amenities and minimal beach traffic. You’ll be laying on the beach, enjoying the Florida sun in no time.

Buying a home on the water (whether you are a first time home buyer or a seasoned property owner) can be slightly more complicated than purchasing a regular new or used home. Extra insurances must be secured for protection against floods and hurricanes. Ensure that your buyer’s representative knows the area and can educate you completely about the risks and rewards of purchasing a home on the water.

Contact us for the expertise you need in purchasing your waterfront home.
12 Tips to Buying Real Estate in Southwest Florida
Learn more by visiting http://www.AckermanSWFL.com or calling (239) 565-7867.
Copyright © 2010. AJ Ackerman & Associates. All Rights Reserved.
Terry McCarl…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Sat Feb 11, 2012
If you would like to access our local multiple listing service visit http://www.leecountyrealtor.listingbook.com - you can search for waterfront homes and will see all listings regardless of what agent of office listed the property.

If you prefer listings be emailed to you just let me know and I will be happy to email you waterfront listings that meet your search criteria.

As a resident of Cape Coral for almost 24 years I know the area extremely well and would be more than happy to assist you.

Terry McCarley, Realtor®, CDPE
Jones & Co Realty
AJ Ackerman, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Fri Feb 10, 2012
Good Morning,

Searching on the internet is were 90% of buyers begin to look. Trulia is one of the bettter sites to search homes and has some great information. Unfortunately, the internet sites do not have up-to-date information or descriptive searches.

In my opinion, having an agent set up an MLS search directly from our database is the most productive search you can have. =) It is completely up-to-date , acts as a management program for your likes and dislikes, alerts you of new and current listings, and allows your communication with a Realtor extremely productive.

Hope this helps and Good Luck with your search. Cape Coral is Great!

A.J. Ackerman
Century 21 Sunbelt Realty
239-565-7867
Web Reference:  http://ackermanswfl.com
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Thu Feb 9, 2012
J Judd,

We'd be happy to provide you with waterfront property listings for locations between Sarasota and Punta Gorda.

941-408-5363
billeckler@michaelsaunders.com
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Thu Feb 9, 2012
For a customized listing search, consider working with an agent of your own; keep in mind that not all online information may be updated, nor accurate, and it 's only as good as the feeding source...