Mike éš‹, Home Buyer in Salt Lake City, UT

can foreigners buy a property here in US?

Asked by Mike éš‹, Salt Lake City, UT Tue Jun 19, 2012

Stephanie Leon’s answer
Yes they can... If you plan on financing the rules are different and may be a bit more complicated. Cash is no different.

If you are looking to buy a home in Lovely Miami, Fl feel free to contact me.
Yes, non US citizens are allowed to buy a property in the US. This applies to apartments, duplexes, condominiums and single family homes.

In a lot of cases, foreigners will usually make cash purchases for properties in the US but mortgages are available to non US citizens.
Web Reference : http://www.globenetrealty.com
if you have more question further , feel free contact us by email : anhthy@globenetrealty.com
Best Regard,
Trang Nguyen
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 19, 2013
Yes, there are no property restrictions for foreign ownership in the US (in general, there are some military and governmental). Salt Lake has many commercial and residential properties that are owned by foreign nationals. Like some of the other agents have said there are restrictions on getting loans, but it is far from impossible, you can also possibly get a loan from your home country on property here. I have worked with foreign buyers on multiple occasions and am familiar with some of the ins and outs of these kinds of deals.

Peter Reiter
Velox Realty Group
Keller Williams Salt Lake City

Whether its cash or just financing, foreign buyers can definitely acquire property. We assist foreign investors and second home buyers consistently. We also have connections to financing programs in a majority of the states for foreign purchasers and investors to acquire homes in the US.

Hope this helped,

Rhett Allen
Senior Vice President of Real Estate
I just had a potential client that's a foreign national. I asked some loan brokers whether they can get a loan, and the answer is no (in general). They can buy-- but with cash. Also, there maybe hard money lenders that would do it. And when they sell, beware of the withholding in escrow for foreigners.
Foreign buyers absolutely can own property in the US. Financing rules can be a bit tough and there are tax rules for when you sell the propert.y that are different.

Let me know how I can help you.

Todd Anderson
Web Reference: http://YouInParkCity.com
Yeah for sure! You made need some additional documentation for obtaining a loan. But there are lots of foreigners buying.
You can search for properties on my website.

Justin Critchfield