R_transport, Home Buyer in Buffalo, NY

can canadian buy house in us ?

Asked by R_transport, Buffalo, NY Wed Nov 13, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Prentiss Holt, , Nashville, TN
Wed Nov 13, 2013
Absolutely! As long as you have adequate financing/cash, you CAN buy, though there are a few extra steps concerned with the legalities of foreign ownership.

If you would like some information on the common steps and procedures, please feel free to shoot me an email at: theholtrealestategroup@gmail.com
1 vote
Brian Nguyen, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Mission Viejo, CA
Mon Feb 10, 2014
There are lenders like myself that offer loans for this particular scenario. One loan to consider is the Foreign National Loan. These loans are meant for non-residences/citizens seeking a home loan in the United States. Also, this type of loan usually requires about 20% down or more depending on the documents you have available so be prepared for that. It can also be more if you are seeking a high loan amount. Well I hope this helps! If you have any further questions or if you would like a loan, feel free to contact me! Good luck! Brian Nguyen Sr. Mortgage Banker Phone: 949.667.2887 brian.nguyen@nafinc.com
0 votes
Craig Wheeler, Agent, Williamsville, NY
Sat Nov 16, 2013
As long as you have the funds, or pre qualification through the bank you can purchase in the United States. You may be required to check FIRPTA on the contract, which is non residents on the US. It's for tax purposes. Good luck with the purchase, and check and see if the financial institution you may be using will handle sales for you if you do not have Resident Alien status, not all banks do!
0 votes
Ruth and Per…, Agent, Los Gatos, CA
Wed Nov 13, 2013
Any foreign national can buy provided has Cash or can arrange financing.

Also check with Canadian banks.
Good luck
0 votes
Robert Piers…, Agent, Buffalo, NY
Wed Nov 13, 2013
You absolutely can. Cash is the easiest way but you can finance. If you want someone local to help you find real estate in or around Buffalo, let me know. I am currently working with a business group that is going to building a relationship with the Canadian counsulate in order to do business over the bridge. I hope we can work together.

0 votes
Tony Grech, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Southfield, MI
Wed Nov 13, 2013
Yes you can. If you require a mortgage this can be tricky, however it can be done. In order to get financing, you'll generally need some sort of permission to reside/work in the US. In addition, you'd likely need a large down payment, sometimes as much as 50% down. But it can be done. If you require assistance with a mortgage then please give me a call or email me and work through your options with you.


Tony Grech | Mortgage Loan Originator | NMLS 977416
PMAC Lending Services, Inc.
Toll-free (855) 642-4762 | Fax (248) 945-4842 | Direct (248) 728-0078

Visit our website at http://www.pmaclending.com
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more