can anybody tell me more about the area called kodata fig farm?

Asked by kam, 91362 Fri Aug 28, 2009

Answers

4
Christine Ma…, , Simi Valley, CA
Tue Sep 15, 2009
Hi Kam,

I saw this article in the Simi Valley Acorn from 8-14-09.
I thought this might be of interest to you based on your post for this specific area.

http://www.simivalleyacorn.com/news/2009-08-14/Community/Kad…

In a Nutshell :
As part of the ongoing process to update the Simi Valley General Plan, the city is proposing land-use changes in 13 different areas, including the KadotaFig neighborhood. Residents there say they’re staunchly against any plans to increase density in the semirural area, which has large lots and allows for the keeping of some farm animals.
Joe Nernberg, , Calabasas, CA
Wed Sep 16, 2009
Would the Bridal Path tract be another alternative/similar?
Bonnie Sterl…, Agent, Simi Valley, CA
Sat Aug 29, 2009
Hi Kam, I see that you are in Thousand Oaks, Are you considering Kadota Fig Farm for location or Price? I think that you should also look at Waverly Height in TO if you can afford a step up in price. There is actually a preforeclosure that was available recently there... had a lot to offer. I live and work in Simi Valley but grew up in TO. I almost purchase a home in Waverly and often regret not having done so. It is a more consistently lovely neighborhood that allows you to accomplish many of the same animal keeping and land use desires.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.
Ted Mackel, Agent, Simi Valley, CA
Fri Aug 28, 2009
hi Kam,

yep, Its has an animal overlay zoning. The min lot size is at 20,000 square feet meaning that any lots smaller than that are grand-fathered in and any lots larger cannot be subdivided below that. Example if you buy a property in the farm that is 39,950 square feet, you cannot divide the lot into two lots. It is an older area that has a hodge podge of homes and some other interesting uses mixed in. If you worry about what color o architectural styles your neighbors will apply to their homes than this is not the place to be at there is no HOA or CC&Rs that would keep an conformity to the area.

Even though the sound wall just went up on the 118, the noise could be an issue to some people. There are new homes and very old homes, Large homes and small homes. The area generally covers From Stearns to Tapo Canyon Road and The 118 Freeway north to Alamo with a section just south of that that hugs the 118 off Apricot.
Web Reference:  http://www.homeBuysBlog.com