can a real estate agent show a VA owned property that has an offer on it already? Also, can they take other offers?

Asked by Double, Detroit, MI Thu Nov 26, 2009

Answers

4
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Wed Dec 14, 2011
The VA does not OWN property:
They insure and regulate the loans for houses.
Please understand the difference;
The house will be owned by a Lender, after foreclosure.

Yes, and agent can show you the property; in fact, you need an Agent to be able to make an offer.

Good luck and may God bless
Shawn Ryan R…, Agent, Belleville, NJ
Wed Dec 14, 2011
any real estate agent can show a VA property in the state they are licensed in. most listing agents, however, will stop allowing showing once the property is under contract.
Doug Zeller, Agent, 95619, CA
Fri Jun 11, 2010
No difference if you are in Orangevale or Detriot, the Realtor/agent probably has the obligations to show you the property, per the National Association of Realtors, "Code of Ethics". Plus any states, "Department of Real Estate" would probably consider not showing or taking offers a violations of their regulations/laws!
Anna Boyd, Agent, El Dorado Hills, CA
Thu Nov 26, 2009
It depends on how the listing reads. If it's a vacant home, it can be shown and you can check with list agent if they are taking backup offers.

If there's someone residing there, then check with listing agent to see if they are taking back up offers.

If you're not sure who to check with, email me at anna@annaboyd.com and I'll find that information out for you. But I'm breaking now for Turkey, so would be tomorrow AM for reply.
Web Reference:  http://www.annaboyd.com