can a non-native person buy a house in San Diego?

Asked by Huong, San Diego, CA Wed Jul 27, 2011

Answers

3
Cindy Davis, Agent, San Diego, CA
Wed May 16, 2012
To my knowledge, absolutely. I've sold homes to people who don't live in the U.S. Typically, expect to show your legal papers, as well as your cash asssets, sources of income, etc.
Don Alexander, Agent, El Cajon, CA
Thu Jul 28, 2011
Yes you can buy a Home in the U.S. with proper documentation you can qualify to buy a Home.
If you would like more information on buying a home in the U.S I can assist with getting you
Qualified. Call me today.

Don Alexander REALTOR
1st Prime Realty
619-581-4255
Ca. Dept. Real Estate Lic.01456248
Jack Gillis, Agent, Dallas, TX
Wed Jul 27, 2011
By "non-native" I assume you mean you are a "foreign national." Are you here on a Visa? If so, what type of Visa (work, visitor, family, etc.). or do you have a Green Card? The basic answer to your question is that anyone may buy real estate in the USA, so long as they are not on a "watch list" of any type. However, the difficulty is obtaining a mortgage to buy that house in the USA. If you want a mortgage then all the questions I initially asked will come into play. Some conventional lenders will make a loan to a foreign national if adequate down payment is made (usually 35% or more).

Jack Gillis, M.B.A., J.D.
Jack Gillis Realty Advisors
Nathan Grace Real Estate, Broker
5619 Dyer Street | Suite 100
Dallas, TX 75206
Cell: 214.718.4910
Email: Jack@JackGillisRealty.com