can I get credit with 2 judgments on my report? auto loan and college default. 666 credit score and excellent job.

Asked by stucolemr, Watford City, ND Sun Dec 8, 2013

Answers

6
, ,
Mon Dec 9, 2013
Probably not if you are looking for a traditional mortgage that is offered by most lenders. The difference it would make in the overall cost to go with a nontraditional loan may be cheaper to pay off the defaulted loans. Besides, having something like this hanging over you could be a disaster. What would you do if the holder of the judgments decide to attach your wages or bank accounts? That type of financial bomb usually happens when one can least afford it. Good luck,

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
I answer questions about financing real estate based on my decades of experience dealing with mortgage underwriters. This answer is my personal opinion, has not been reviewed or approved by the company I work for. I do not offer legal or tax advice, if you need answers from an attorney or CPA find one knowledgeable in your local market.
Web Reference:  http://jamessimms.com/
Robert Baker, Agent, Edmond, OK
Sat Dec 14, 2013
Depends on what the comes of your loan application. Contact Kurt Swink at 405-722-5626 and complete your loan app.
John Phillips, , Oklahoma City, OK
Mon Dec 9, 2013
Most likely yes but it all depends on how long ago the defaults were; A good explanation works most of the time:
The best thing for us to do is get you with a lender that i know will help you and work on your behalf, Once that has been accomplished then i will find you the home you want to own:

Contact me
Thank you
John Phillips
Re/Max Preferred Properties
405 413 0791
jphillips81@cox.net
Josh Barnett, Agent, Carney, OK
Mon Dec 9, 2013
Discuss this with your lender, they will know the most about your current situation.
Suzanne Walk…, Agent, Oklahoma City, OK
Sun Dec 8, 2013
You cannot get a government backed loan with a student loan default (assuming the student loan was a 'government loan') Examples of 'government backed loans': FHA/ VA /Fannie Ma e/Freddie Mac loans. You can still get a loan; it just won't be insured ("backed") by the Feds. You might start with your local small bank; such as a credit union. That does not mean a bigger Wal-Street bank won't do it. Good luck!
Web Reference:  http://www.swalkerco.com
Michael Wood, Agent, Oklahoma City, OK
Sun Dec 8, 2013
Yes--depending on the details of your circumstances. Give me a call and I will match you with one of the many great Lending institutions that I work with. thanks