jackie, Home Buyer in Salt Lake City, UT

can I get a mortage while on ssi?

Asked by jackie, Salt Lake City, UT Fri Jul 13, 2012

Rosa Pace’s answer
Yes, you sure can but you should meet with a lender and find out more details because every buyer has different circumstance. I have had several buyers that are on SSI and have successfully purchased there first home.

Yes you can...it is all based as if it was a typical loan. Credit and income typically are the basics. I have a loan officer that can run through it with you if you who has thorough knowledge of this should you need an expert.

Also if you have not located a home for this aspect the loan officer would be the first route to take and then find the home based on pre-qualifications. If you don't have anyone assisting you with that aspect also I would be more than happy to point you in the right directions.

Thank you for your time,
Yep. Your agent should know that and go over your options with you.
If I have a co-buyer with a great credit rating and a large down of about 40% ?
Hi Jackie,
You will need to be qualified on your credit as well, but the good news is that your income will be calculated at 25% higher than your checks. With the large down and co-borrower, you should have no problem getting a mortgage. I have a very experienced loan officer that I can introduce you to that can answer all of your questions in detail. Also, I have been helping people purchase homes since 1997 and would be happy to assist you throught he process. Please feel free to contact me at 801-577-6062.
Flag Fri Jul 13, 2012