can I find home under 200k in East Palo Alto, CA.?

Asked by Swami Raghabananda, Oakland, CA Thu Aug 7, 2008

I am looking to buy home in East Palo Alto, Ca.

Answers

6
Arn Cenedella, Agent, Greenville, SC
Thu Aug 7, 2008
Swami:

My sense is that you will not be able to buy a single family home under $200,000 in East Palo Alto despite what is listed below that price right now.

I do believe you could buy a house for around $300,000.

Arn
Greg Broiles, , San Jose, CA
Thu Aug 7, 2008
Yes, but just barely. There are three residential properties for sale in EPA right now at or below $200K.

One looks like it needs a lot of work, one is a probate sale, one is owned by a bank after a foreclosure.

Feel free to be in touch if you'd like to look at any of them.
Roxie237@hot…, Home Buyer, East Palo Alto, CA
Sun Sep 15, 2013
I'm looking for a house on Illinois st in palo alto do you have some listing
Hassan Sabba…, Agent, Campbell, CA
Sat Mar 3, 2012
Yes, You might want to find a Realtor and ask to send you listings of all properties under $ 200,000.
Web Reference:  http://www.homenet123.com
Sue Cortes, Agent, Livermore, CA
Wed Sep 21, 2011
Hello Swami,

Any home that is below $200K needs work to be done. Currently, there are a few homes that are listed below $200K but they do need work. Location wise, you will have to look at it for yourself if it is something that you will be interested in.

So the answer is "yes" there are homes, BUT it comes with plenty of work to be done. If you are not afraid to do work and you have previous experience renovating, then there is equity to be gain from doing the work.
Web Reference:  http://www.suecortes.com
Sam Shueh, , San Jose, CA
Mon Aug 30, 2010
There were 2 sales below the 200K. Both needed a lot of work.
As of August 29, 2010 all sales were ~30K -45K above asking price. The investors and first time buyers now all want to get a SFH in EPA due to its convenient location and good price.