buying house no HOA fees around austin, tx

Asked by jly, Austin, TX Fri Mar 1, 2013

Answers

11
Karen Pagani, Agent, Austin, TX
Sat Mar 2, 2013
First, congrats on making the decision to buy in Austin!

There is no shortage of homes around Austin without HOA fees or, as you have perhaps already surmised, agents who are willing to help you find the perfect one.

As a previous commentator has already noted, the first step is to get a pre-approval letter from a lender (note: a pre-approval doesn't necessarily lock you into a particular lender, and you can continue to shop around on that front throughout the home-buying process). This way, when you find the house that you want to make an offer on, you can move quickly. Keep in mind that good houses fly off the market quickly in this town, so you want to make sure you have your ducks lined up ahead of time.

Once you have an idea of your budget, the next step is to find an agent with whom you have a good rapport and who is willing to work with you. Shop around. Interview a few. Choose the one with which you are most comfortable.

Good luck to you in your home search. Austin is an amazing town with something for everyone.

Karen Pagani, Ph.D., Realtor
The Gill Agency
Tel: 512 786 7224
http://www.austinrealestate411.net
Betina Forem…, Agent, Austin, TX
Thu Mar 21, 2013
Dear JLY,
There are a number of homes in Austin without HOA's. The key is they will all be resale homes that were built before 1990, as thats about the time that developers started making HOA's mandatory. Since the older homes are typically in the core of the city the prices will be a little higher than the suburbs. All of your new home communities will have HOA's, some are more restrictive than others. If you see a neighborhood you like, most likely you can go online and research the HOA. If I can be of more assistance please let me know.
Betina
Steven Nusin…, Agent, Austin, TX
Sat Mar 2, 2013
There are a lot of neighborhoods(mostly older homes) around town with no HOAs. Please feel free to contact me with your criteria, and I would be happy to point you in the right direction. In addition, I would be happy to do a detailed analysis on any home or neighborhood.

Steve Nusinow
(512)922-7588
JOSEPH E JAR…, Agent, Austin, TX
Sat Mar 2, 2013
jly, There are many many areas in Austin that do not have HOA fees. If you're not you're working with a Realtor, please contact me as soon as possible and we can discuss what price range, area, type of home, etc. you're looking for and get the process started. I also have a great team of lenders who can get you pre-approved at no cost to you, and make sure you are not just ready and willing, but able to purchase, the most important piece of the puzzle.

Joe Jarusinsky, Realtor/Master Instructor, Keller Williams Realty, Austin's #1 Real Estate Company, Ranked #1 by Buyers and Sellers (JD Power & Assoc. 2012) Call 512-261-4415
Ronald Culli…, Agent, Austin, TX
Fri Mar 1, 2013
Yes, there are many neighborhoods without HOAs. However, nearly all the newer subdivisions will have them, as the developers are interested in loading them up with amenties to attract buyers and the HOA fees cover the costs of the common facilities.

Ron Cullinan
Avalar Austin
GRI, CRS, ABR, CLHMS, e-Pro
512-799-3239
austin_realtor@earthlink.net
http://www.austinonlinehomes.com
Vanessa Nunez, Agent, Austin, TX
Fri Mar 1, 2013
YES!! There are many neighborhoods in the Austin area.... what is your criteria is the best way to start then we can find the right fit to suit your lifestyle...that is the most important aspect of your criteria is how you live especially in Austin and the metroplex area. Would love to help with all of this. I look forward to chatting... Have a great day!

Warmest Regards,

Vanessa Nunez
512-750-5716
vanessa@lifestylepropertiesofaustin.com
Marsha Ross, Agent, Cedar Park, TX
Fri Mar 1, 2013
Yes, there are many neighborhoods that do not have HOA fees. If you go into a brand new home, you will most likely have HOA fees though. Are you more worried about the fees or the restrictions that are set on your home? If it is only the fees, then simply add them into your payment if you find the right house at the right price. Some of them are mandatory, some are voluntary. Some are very expensive, but others that have been around for a long time are not. Even within certain city limits, depending if you are in Austin or one of the surrounding areas, will have certain restrictions, but most are quite manageable. Let me know if I can help! Otherwise, good luck in your search for a new home.

Marsha
512-797-3903
Claire McInt…, Agent, Austin, TX
Fri Mar 1, 2013
The older subdivisions tend to be the ones without neighborhood HOA fees. I'll be happy to send you a list of options. I'll need some more information about your criteria. Location and size, price etc.

Claire McIntyre, Architect / Real Estate Broker / Builder
512 699 9912
MMI McIntyre Associates
Real Estate Brokerage
http://www.mmirealestate.com
claire@mmirealestate.com
McIntyre & McIntyre Inc
Architecture / Engineering
Project Management
http://www.mmibuildings.com
vivianne dor…, Agent, Austin, TX
Fri Mar 1, 2013
There are many neighborhoods with no HOA fees. Usually it is older neighborhoods, but you can find them in any price range. Some have voluntary HOA fees that are very low. Most newer subdivisions have home owners associations.

If you wish to find out more, I'd be happy to help.

Vivianne Dordea, Realtor
vdordea@austin.rr.com
512-970-8814
Bill Austin, Agent, Austin, TX
Fri Mar 1, 2013
Jly,
There are areas or neighborhoods with no HOA fees or at least inexpensive. I'd be more than happy to work with you in finding and purchasing your home. As a buyer it cost you nothing to have me work for you. The sellers agree to pay ALL reator commissions. Givem a call or email. 512-709-6343 or bill@teamprice.com
Best wishes, Bill
Sal Zuniga, Agent, Austin, TX
Fri Mar 1, 2013
Hello there,

There are definitely plenty of options for you. I would love to elaborate more on specific options but I would need to know more about your home criteria. Please feel free to contact me so we can further discuss this. I work hard seven days a week so feel free to do so at any time.

Sal Zuniga
512-698-4800
Szuniga@gretx.com