buying a home with section 8

Asked by julie, Salinas, CA Mon Sep 24, 2012

I have section 8 and was told I can buy a house and use the voucher to pay for the morgage. I also recieve SSD, $850, a month and my credit is limited (currently working to fix it) I want to buy a home. About how much can I afford w/ voucher and is there a place to go.

Answers

1
Jesse Reyes, Agent, Gilroy, CA
Thu Nov 15, 2012
Hi Julie,

I don't think you can buy a house when you are on section 8 but there is a voucher that helps you towards purchasing the house. I do know that once you purchase a home, you no longer qualify for section 8. My best advise to you is, to contact your case worker and get all the correct information. Best of luck.and contact me if you need any more assistance, take care
there is what they call hud housing go to hud.gov there r alot of programes even ones that help first time home buyers with down payments and if it a fixer upper they help u with energy efficent windows appliances and also with heating and ac help
Flag Mon Jul 6, 2015