buying a home in Pocono Pines, Monroe County, PA and value is half what it was when taxes were set. What is process to get adjusted tax rate?

Asked by Ridge, Allentown, PA Wed Jul 13, 2011

The home was built in 2003 and taxes are double what an more expensive home is built in 80s.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Grace Jorge, Agent, Newark, NJ
Fri Aug 17, 2012
Dif requirements for dif states/counties. Find out the requirements. I can tell you that often you have to get the right appeal form and submitt it with at least 3 sales in the area for similar dwellings. These sales have to be within a certain distance of your property and sold within a required time frame. Then file the appeal and two things could happen. 1. You could get a call from the office and get an offer; and 2. You might be given a court date and the opportunity to present your case. In the case of 1, you might still get a court date but you can ignore it if you have accepted an offer. You may also have to wait, continue to pay the current taxes and eventually get an "over payment" refund check...THEN your your next tax bill will reflect the change. A cumbersome process but you don't gat something for nothing and last time I did it, it saved me $2k.

BTW, make sure that properties near you are not the same or higher, for that should that be the case, it may back fire and you may be subject to a re-assessment that will give you an increase instead.

Good luck
0 votes
Lynn Ydoyaga, Agent, gouldsboro, PA
Thu Jul 14, 2011
This web site will give you all the information you need.…

If you can not get it contact me at

0 votes
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Wed Jul 13, 2011
Contact your local tax assessor's office for any necessary information...
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Tobyhanna Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more