buckeye vs. maricopa. Which do you like better and why? I am trying to find a home to live around one of those areas.. i want to be away from city.

Asked by tashaburritt, San Francisco, CA Tue Mar 12, 2013

but not TOO far.

Answers

6
Edie Wood’s answer
Edie Wood, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Sun Apr 14, 2013
Hi again Tasha,

Buckeye VS Maricopa is a personal choice. Buckeye is closer to the West Side of the Phoenix area. Maricopa is closer to the SouthEast area of Phoenix. A lot will depend upon your location preferences and what you are personally looking for. Both are away from the City but commutable if you need to go to the airport, downtown, etc. I am familiar with both as my daughter lived in Maricopa but I live in the Buckeye area.

Edie Wood, Realtor
Arizona Team Realty
edie.atr@usinternet.com
602-315-4329
Jennie Miller…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Tue Mar 12, 2013
When you drive out to Maricopa, via I10, you will see a large amount of open desert. You won't see quite as much open desert on the Buckeye commute.
Doug McVinua, Agent, Gilbert, AZ
Tue Mar 12, 2013
Maricopa is more of a small, rural community that has become a suburbia town the last few years. Buckeye is a little more connected to the city and with that comes the good and the bad.

Of course the location of the two is very different and might impact your decision based on work etc.

It might be best to spend some time in each, view a few homes in each also just to understand them better. We often tour with buyers to help them understand the areas better, pick a few in each location and compare.

Our goal is to be a true resource for you, an advocate in Phoenix.
Andrew Texid…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Tue Mar 12, 2013
Maricopa is nice, one downfall is that is gets lots of traffic delays coming off the I10, so that's one thing to keep in mind. Buckeye is also a nice community with room to grow. I live on the west side of town and am very familiar with Buckeye. If you travel at all to California, it offer a head start. There are lots of great communities in Buckeye and only about 30 minutes to downtown Phoenix.

Having a buyers agent will not cost you anything, the seller is the one who generally pays (sometimes agents who work with investors charge the investor an additional fee because the investor has them running all over town and making lots of offers)

P.S. Here is a link to a youtube video of one of my listings, of which I am an owner/agent in Buckeye -Sonoran Vista subdivision

http://youtu.be/A-x2S_xMYyc

Feel free to search the MLS like the pros thru one of my sites

http://www.MLSGoodyear.com
http://www.MLSBuckeye.com
Andrew Texidor
Team Texidor
Solutions Real Estate
602-909-9414
Sonny Shriva…, Agent, Surprise, AZ
Tue Mar 12, 2013
I live in Buckeye and I love it! It's only 25 miles to Phoenix, so you can be there in 30-40 minutes which is nothing. It's also close to amenities in Surprise, Goodyear, etc. I have never been to Maricopa and don't know much about it. You're definitely closer to civilization in Buckeye versus Maricopa.
Lana Castro, Agent, Buckeye, AZ
Tue Mar 12, 2013
Personally I prefer Buckeye. I live there.