bank has delayed closing and charges the buyer additional fees this is not fair

Asked by Gymmom, 45371 Tue Apr 10, 2012

The bank is the one that cancelled closing we were at bank with ck in and.

Answers

2
Becca Potter, Agent, Jeffersonville, IN
Tue Apr 10, 2012
I have a client who is obtaining a loan from Fifth Third. Evidently underwriting is backed up and taking longer than normal at no fault of my client. Fifth Third agreed to take care of the extension on the rate lock as they should. Your situation may be different because it sounds like a closing was scheduled. What was the reason for the delay?
the delay was caused by the title not having all of names on the title that should have been thus they cancelled closing.
Flag Tue Apr 10, 2012
Duane Johnst…, Agent, Uniontown, OH
Tue Apr 10, 2012
was it the bank owning the property or the bank doing the loan? If it's the first, they would have waved the fee, if it was the bank doing the loan....get them to pay the fee if the fault was theirs. If it was the buyers fault for what ever reason...can't help you except to ask the seller to waive the fee but not much chance of that happening.
one bank owned property,different bank doing the loan
Flag Tue Apr 10, 2012