average cost per sq. ft. for a 1200 sq. ft. nice home ?

Asked by Charlie Hall, North Vernon, IN Mon Feb 1, 2010

trying to compare 3 to 4 nice homes w/ approx. 1200 sq. ft. to a home I am trying to buy that seems to be very high.

Answers

2
Emily Peker, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Mon Feb 1, 2010
Here in GA it depends on the features of the home, but the build cost could range from
$90 to $130+ per SQFT. Also depends if you are adding in the land/lot development costs.
Basement or slab will also be a factor.

Hope that helped!
Web Reference:  http://www.emilypeker.com
Kim Ammerman, , North Vernon, IN
Tue Feb 2, 2010
I am a realtor in North Vernon, IN. This is a great question! My husband & I (we own Century 21) have a home for sale in town, our former personal residence, that is almost 1600 sq. ft. At the price of $80K, that makes it $50/sq. ft. If you are really interested in making an offer on the 1200 sq. ft. house, make one that seems reasonable, something you can afford, but not insulting to the current owner. If you aren't aware of their situation, they make be very willing to negotiate quite a bit. Are you currently working with a realtor? If not, e-mail me at kim.ammerman@century21.com. I have a meeting this morning, at the office, then the Muscatatuck Board of Realtors Meeting at Noon.