are there any moble homes in the country for sale ?

Asked by Roberta, I am now living in NC Mon Sep 24, 2007

I am looking for a nice double wide home in the country with an acre or two with it. I want something very private.

Answers

5
Ken Pujdak,…, , Greenville, SC
Mon Sep 24, 2007
I have one on my website in Lyman, SC. Double wide on .75 acre
Web Reference:  http://www.sellmyhomeken.com
#1, , San Francisco Bay Area
Mon Sep 24, 2007
I can think of a good 3 or 4. In California, the world is your oyster. Where do you want to live?
Ruthless, , 60558
Mon Sep 24, 2007
I wish I could remember the top three states with mobile homes. I THINK one of them was Indiana (it could have been IL, WI or MI). I was very surprised when I heard this information because I think of mobile homes being more common in warmer weather states. Mobile homes can be listed through the MLS or Realtor.com. I looked up Bloomington IN and went to the advanced search. I checked "mobile homes" and also "add nearby areas" 50 miles and randomly check marked a bunch of cities. My results came up with a home (I don't know the dimensions of a double-wide) on 2.5 acres for $39,500 in Palmyra on one end and $280,000 on 1.42 acres in Zionville. I did the same thing with Durham, NC and came up with 2 acres in Burlington for $85k and $429k for 4 acres in Efland. And then again for Baton Rouge, IL and came up with $48,500 on 1.66 acres in McComb, MS and $160k on 2.7 in Independence, LA.

So, as you can see, you need to narrow it down. I came up with over 300 properties in my random search.
I also did a non-random search and New Bern, NC (which is beautiful) had 2 acres for $16,900 or 1.14 acres on water front in Sea Level, NC for $689,000. (I actually knew the listing agent for the water front property back in the early 1990s.)

Ruth
Linda J Sears, , Lady Lake, FL
Mon Sep 24, 2007
Roberta,

Sorry to say this but this is like asking do you need air to breathe? Of course there are moble homes in the country for sale. We need to know where in the country and how much you are willing to spend. Without this information, you will be bombarded with moble home lisitngs and information from every part of this country you can imagine.

Let us know!
Linda J Sears
Ute Ferdig, Agent, Auburn, CA
Mon Sep 24, 2007
Hello Roberta. In what area are you interested and what's your price range? There are lots of manufactured homes on land where I am (greater Sacramento California area). Can you narrow your question down a little bit?
Web Reference:  http://www.go2kw.com