Bethannsan, Home Buyer in Middletown, CT

are there any lenders that will help me buy my house back?

Asked by Bethannsan, Middletown, CT Wed Aug 15, 2012

im in the process of getting my short sale approved. the value of the house is $55K less than what I owe. the process has taken too long & the buyers want to back out. this makes me wonder, the bank will go as low as $135,000 & that's a loan amount I can afford. are there any lenders that would touch me? we filed BK last October (been discharged) & we haven't made a mortgage payment in over a year. I know, all dumb, but just curious.

Answers

5
Minna Reid, Agent, Trumbull, CT
Tue Apr 9, 2013
No one is going to give you a new loan to purchase the house given your circumstances however your lender may modify your loan. That would give you a lower payment and perhaps make the house more affordable, however you would still owe the full amount plus late fees, legal fees etc. Once in a great while principal reductions do happen, but such cases are few and far between. Never hurts to try though. Speak to your lender.
Web Reference:  http://www.homesbyminna.com
Asm283, Both Buyer And Seller, Middletown, CT
Fri Apr 5, 2013
Hello

Contact me to discuss possible options. Send me a contact number to.

Asm283@yahoo.com
Thomas Bohlm…, Agent, Rolesville, NC
Wed Aug 15, 2012
HAFA loans help home owners refinance their current homes. Ask a local lender about the HAFA loans

Good Luck
thank you
Flag Wed Aug 15, 2012
Joan Demato, Agent, BROOKFIELD, CT
Wed Aug 15, 2012
The only way you can buy your house back is to come to an agreement with your bank. It actually is illegal to be involved with buying your house back through a short sale when you are the owner.Hopefully, you and your bank can come to an agreement .Have your Attorney call them if you feel uncomfortable. Good Luck !
thank you!
Flag Wed Aug 15, 2012
Rich Homer, Agent, NAPLES, FL
Wed Aug 15, 2012
Your best bet is to contact a local Mortgage Broker at "Find a Pro" in the header of this website.

http://www.naplesrealestateguys.com/