are there any areas in somers point, nj that DO NOT require flood insurance?

Asked by Punkypoo, Hardwick, MA Sun May 27, 2012

it seems like everything that I have an interest in needs flood insurance! Help!

Answers

4
Cathy Laltre…, Agent, Absecon, NJ
Thu Sep 5, 2013
There are definitely homes in Somers Point that do not require flood insurance. I went to settlement on one on Broadway Avenue last month and no flood insurance was required. Cathy Laltrello, Broker Associate, Re/Max Atlantic 609-804-0280
mollydlewis, Home Seller, Somers Point, NJ
Sat Aug 17, 2013
Actually, both answers may be incorrect! The areas between Exton and Ambler, particularly in the "college" named streets, have historically required flood insurance - many of the homes being in waht was refered to as "A-5" zone. Some properties in the "B" zone don't require flood insurance, especially if owner has an elevation certificate indicating feet above sea level.
A home not requiring flood insurance will be posted on the internet early next week - a 4 bedroom, 3 bath beauty. Check in a few days for the listing!
Good luck to you in your search - Somers Point is a great place to live, work and play!
William Lanza, Agent, Linwood, NJ
Wed Jul 4, 2012
there are certain parts of Somers Point that do not require flood insurance. For example, between Exton and Ambler roads. I checked it out with FEMA
Flood Insurance does not cover subterranean water resulting from heavy rains. It has to be from a body of water.
Flag Sat Aug 18, 2012
Joanne Berna…, Agent, Northfield, NJ
Tue May 29, 2012
When you live that close to the Atlantic Ocean and the Bay, you will have to pay for flood insurance. Please understand it is a necessary expense when you purchase a home in a flood zone. More importantly, overall it is not that expensive and you will be thankful if you ever need it! If you absolutely don't want to pay for flood insurance you need to move further inland.
I will be happy to help you find a home in this area if you'd like!
Joanne Bernardini
Sales Associate
Coldwell Banker -Casa Bella Realtors
609-947-2451