are there any adult communities which allow an adult child to live with parents occasionally?

Asked by jk, Monroe, NJ Fri Aug 23, 2013

Answers

5
Andrew Tisel…, Agent, Clifton, NJ
Sat Aug 24, 2013
Yes there are
let me know what other area you will consider.
Virginia Bunn, Agent, Monroe Twp, NJ
Fri Aug 23, 2013
If that Adult Child is 48 (Monroe Township Rule)
There are other near by communities that would allow it.
If the Adult child is "visiting for up to 60 days" that would be allowed.
Can't be an official resident. If you would like further information please call me or email.

Virginia Bunn 732 221-6890 Cell or vabmail@comcast.net
Hope to hear from you. Get your answers from someone in the
Adult Community Real Estate for 40+ years.
Myles Garvey, Agent, NJ,
Fri Aug 23, 2013
In Elmwood Park, NJ at a complex called Altair this is permitted and prices are under $300,000 for very nice 2 bedroom units.
Laura Gianno…, Agent, Manahawkin, NJ
Fri Aug 23, 2013
In Ocean County, most communities allow an adult child, as long as the owner is 55+ and lives there as well.
Angela Vellu…, Agent, Jamesburg, NJ
Fri Aug 23, 2013
Dear Javeria:

Some adult communities will accept an individual at the age of 19 to be a permanent occupant of the home. As long as the first individual is at least 55 yrs.
The communities in Monroe Township where I am most familiar are more stringent, 55 for the first occupant/48 minimum for the second. Anyone not meeting the age requirement is only allowed to remain in the home 60 days. Of course those individuals that are under the age guideline's are allowed to visit and stay over at anytime. The person is not allowed to reside in the home more than 60 days (continuously). A caretaker can be under the age requirement.
I hope this answers your question.

Angela Vellucci
Broker-Associate
C21 About Town Realty
732-521-5200 x:125
Thanks Angela. My parents are looking for a home in monroe, both are 60 plus. I am trying to get the house on my name as my parents are out of work and I am supporting them. I dont live with them. My younger sister is 20 and stays with them on and off. Our budget is not more than 80K and we are ready to put down 30K. Is there any specific community which will fit into our situation. Please let me know. Thanks
Looking for a 2 bed, 2 bath, with laundry. Can be a condo, town house, apartment, or any other.
Flag Fri Aug 23, 2013