are their any tax abatement properties in irvington & newark two families or more also where do i search out tax abatements?

Asked by Emily Hall, Irvington, NJ Wed Aug 29, 2012

Answers

3
Rahzhak Mizhauni’s answer
Rahzhak Mizh…, Other Pro, Bloomfield, NJ
Sat Nov 10, 2012
First you file a F.O.I.A. " Freedom of Information act." File it with your taxing board. (Township, city, county or state) The question you ask is; "Requesting to see the records of property that is now or in the past that have received tax abatement. Resolve, by law they have to give you the information.
Why would you contact a Realtor for this information? Take the initiative. good luck.
Marsha Bowen…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Thu Aug 30, 2012
If you are seeking to purchase a two family in Newark with a possible tax abatement, you can ask your real estate agent to seek those type of properties. Most of the new construction homes from 2003 and up might still have abatements. Five and 10 year tax abatements were in place at that time.

As far as Irvington, I'm not aware of any multi-families with tax abatements.
Alex Kushnir, Agent, Monmouth, IL
Wed Aug 29, 2012
Your best bet will be to contact the respective tax office