any possibility to have appreciated investment property for rental @150k price range?

Asked by Donmar, San Francisco County, CA Thu Jun 7, 2012

I'm living in sf, CA
appreciated home in this area is already too expensive
I'm thinking to have investment property in Raleigh and keep it sometimes to be appreciated.
I will plan also to rent it while having it
any possible possibility in good area for about 150k price budget?

Answers

12
Michael Colv…, Agent,
Thu Jun 7, 2012
Hello
There are many homes available in this area in that price range. As an investment to rent out I would recomend the NC State University area in Raleigh, Duke In Durham or UNC.
Michael
Mike Golden, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Thu Jun 7, 2012
We have a lot of investors from CA, as the market shifted, they started purchasing property here in the Raleigh area, and we manage their rentals for them as well...

The average time on market for rent for nice homes is about 1 month..

We are a full service brokerage, and a 1 stop for all your real estate and rental management needs..

Mike Golden
Golden Realty & Management
919-605-7892
http://www.GoldenRealtyNC.com
Thomas Bohlm…, Agent, Rolesville, NC
Mon Jun 11, 2012
Don

Every investor has different ROI requirements for investment properties. For my investor clients and my personal properties, I do not, nor recommend using "appreciation" into any investment equations.

However, yes there are some very good areas that are growing very nicely in and around Raleigh.
Linda Morris, Agent, Cary, NC
Sun Jun 10, 2012
Hi Donmar!

I have investment properties also and find that the Cary/Morrisville/Apex area is also fantastic for rental properties. Many of the most sought-after schools are in this area and rental vacancy is at an all time low!

I would love to set up a search for you so you can see the great opportunities in this area. As a landlord myself, I have found that I can increase the rent and still maintain full occupancy. it helps to know the best area and being a Raleigh native really helps!

Please let me know if I can help you!

LindaMorris@KW.com
RDUHomes4u.com
Ph (919)218.8973
Dawn Breneng…, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Sun Jun 10, 2012
There was quite an influx of CA real estate investors who bought property in the Triangle area. Low costs plus plentiful economic opportunites and a highly educated population makes the Triangle a "hot" zone.

I personally have a few rental properties near NC State University that have performed very well for me. I also manage about 30+ rental properties in Raleigh and surrounding suburbs for other people (including some from CA). All of these properties stay perpetually rented.

I would love to help a fellow investor find the next great investment and then manage if for him/her!

Dawn Brenengen
Trailwood Realty
919-840-8692
info@trailwoodrealty.com
Starlynn Love…, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Fri Jun 8, 2012
I agree with Michael-there are numerous homes in that particular price range available in North Carolina. Mike is also true is stating a lot of investors from CA own property here in NC. We have investors from all over that own property here in NC. As Michael made reference, homes around colleges/universities are excellent areas to have properties for rent. Also ECU in Greenville, NC has numerous rental opportunities. It doesn't have to be around a school though because a lot of individuals are choosing to rent vs own or can't own so renting is the only option. I personally deal with Investors on a daily basis.

Have a wonderful day!
Dawn Anderson, Agent, Clayton, NC
Thu Jun 7, 2012
I have a 2 lovely properties 1 is a townhouse fenced yard garage near schools in Raleigh for $125 and the other is a single family home in walking distance to town and schools in Clayton NC for $125 motivated seller on this property would love to show you either of them. Or anything else out there- renting is big out here!

Hve a great day!
Dawn Anderson
Andersond@hpw.con
919-960-6321
Nila Maceda…, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Thu Jun 7, 2012
Real estate properties appreciate in value over time. That is obvious because real estate operates and is affected by the economic law of supply and demand. Nobody is making land - what we have is all we got! But, housing needs continue to increase because of increase in family sizes, influx of immigrants, etc. etc. So even in bad economy or good economy there is always a need for housing. Because people continue to live in a house!!! So, to answer your question: Yes, there is always the possibility for houses/real estate to appreciate in value.
If you can email me the specifics of your rental investment criteria, I can guide you to what and where you should put your investment dollars. Please visit our website at http://www.CarolinaMaxRealty.com and get more information about real estate investment, property management, etc. selling, etc. Good luck.
Brenna Booke…, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Thu Jun 7, 2012
The rental market here in the Triangle is extremely vibrant. If you would like to email me directly your specifics I can look for the desired properties.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Warmest Regards,
Brenna Booker-Rouse
brenna@gorealty.biz
(919) 815-1710
Sharon Lewis, Agent, Garner, NC
Thu Jun 7, 2012
There are some areas here, however, how much do you want to spend to update, upgrade or do you want to simply purchase and hold it?You can email me
Venita Peyton, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Thu Jun 7, 2012
I have a 2 story, detached single family home for $139k that is directly across from an elementary school. No HOA.
Linda Morris, Agent, Cary, NC
Thu Jun 7, 2012
There are lots of possibilities in the Raleigh area. Probably for $150K, it may be a townhome or small detached home. i can set up a search for you that would encompass the whole area. Probably a short sale or foreclosure though. Vacancy rates here are pretty low especially in the most popular areas. Let me know if you would like for me to set up a search for you.