any deals for police officers?

Asked by Maria, Kew Gardens, Queens, NY Tue Apr 7, 2009

Answers

4
Therese L Ko…, Agent, Bayside NY 11361, NY
Wed May 27, 2009
Hi Maria, check with your union rep or call your union benefits dept There are certain benefits that you can get access to- a Real Estate Attorney that will review and handle your contract and mortgage committment and your closing( minimum cost), title searches, save you some of the closing cost. Many of the large Unions offer benefits for buyers and seller. Every little bit helps.
Everett Perry, Agent, Fresh Meadows, NY
Wed Apr 8, 2009
I am sure that you are aware of the officer / teacher next door program. To my knowledge this is the only program that is specifically available for peace officers. I know of one police officer that has done well with that program. You essentially get the house at 50% of the appraised value.

If you have questions, feel free to call.
Keith Sorem, Agent, Glendale, CA
Tue Apr 7, 2009
Maria
Start with the link below.
I would ask them for any further incentives for your specific situation.
Peter Bruno, Home Buyer, San Bruno, CA
Tue Apr 7, 2009
Hello Maria - I don't know, but I certainly hope so!

Police Officers is one of the most noble jobs out there that serve the community and I fully support any little deal (and more) that can help them.

Best of luck, and if you know a police officer out there, say THANK YOU!!!