2 questions: 1. Any restriction for foreigners to purchase a single or multi family homes? 2. Whats the status on the foreclosure issues?

Asked by David Poh, Newport Beach, CA Sun Oct 24, 2010

Answers

25
Felix Hung’s answer
Felix Hung, Agent, Huntington Beach, CA
Fri Aug 10, 2012
David - I saw your question pop up and noticed this is from almost 2 years ago; only to notice it was because a non-agent added a comment. Have you purchased yet?

No restrictions on foreigners buying single family or multi-family - but if you're in China there could be unforeseen complications with getting your money out. I am working with buyers from China and there are limitations on what amounts can be wired out of the country...

Foreclosures and distressed properties are still a good portion of the market - last statistic I saw was 22% of homes on the market (statewide in California) was a distressed property of some kind. It's getting better...why do you ask? These properties can be good deals.

How much are you looking to spend? When do you plan on buying? Let me know when you're in town - we can grab a cup of coffee.

Felix
Smithanderso…, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Sat Jun 10, 2017
NEED A LOAN?
My Name is clinton i work with Quick loans finance a legitimate and reliable loan company located in Detroit,Us. We currently give out loans at low interest rate of 2.5% and with no credit check,we offer personal loans, debt consolidation loans,venture capital, business loans, education, home loans or “loans for any reason, from $ 1,000 to $ 1 million range. However, our method allows you to specify the loan amount needed and duration you can afford it, it gives you a real chance to get the funds you need! If you are interested, contact via Email:(bankfinanceptd@gmail.com) Thanks...
Smithanderso…, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Sat Jun 10, 2017
NEED A LOAN?
testimony.go…, Home Buyer, Newport Beach, CA
Wed Apr 8, 2015
Good day!!!
I am Success Lee by name, I am a citizen of U.S.A, I would like to talk about the goodness of God in my life after so many months of trying to get a loan on the internet and was been scammed so I became desperate in getting a loan from a legit lender online then I saw a comment from a friend called Samantha and she was talking about this legit loan company where she got her loan fast and easy without any stress so she introduced me to a man called Mr Testimony Goodwill the C.E.O of TESTIMONY GOODWILL FINANCIAL COMPANY {testimony.goodwill.loan@gmail.com} of Funds, So I applied for a loan sum of (350, 000.00USD) with low interest rate of 2% so the loan was approved and deposited into my bank account that was how I was able to get my loan to keep my broken business running and also to pay off my bills so am advising everyone of you who is interested in getting a loan fast and easy to kindly contact them via email:( testimony.goodwill.loan@gmail.com) to get any kind of loan you need today, thanks as you read the greatest testimony of my life... Contact him today his email address is: testimony.goodwill.loan@gmail.com as he is FAST, EFFICIENT, DYNAMIC AND MOST IMPORTANTLY HE IS RELAIBLE...
Sat Mar 28, 2015
Good day.

I can’t hide this great testimony that took place in my life i will love everyone to know it and be partaker that is why i want to share it to the whole world by placing this advert on classifieds, I am Mrs Kate Loore by name, I live in Chattanooga, Tennessee United State, I want to thank Testimony Goodwill for his kindness upon my family life, I never knew that there is still a sincere and trustworthy lender like this on the internet and on earth. Just some days i was in search for a loan of $ 100,000.00 Dollars, As I was running out of money for feeding, School fees, My business was really going out of capital and my rent. I was scammed about $15,000 Dollars and I decided not to involve my self in such business again. But a Friend of mine introduced me to a loan firm due to my appearance and doings and also my complains to her. And I told her that I am not interested in any loan deal anymore but she told me that there is still a sincere lender who she will recommend me to, And she gave me the details of this man who is called TESTIMONY GOODWIL. And i really put a trial and i am most grateful and lucky today, I was given a loan amount of $95,000,00 Dollars by this great firm CALLED MR TESTIMONY GOODWILL. If you are in need of a genuine, Sincere, durable and a truth worthy loan lender or financial assistance and also you know you can be reliable and trusted, capable of paying back at the due / duration time of the funds I will advice you to send your contact to them via email on : testimony.goodwill.loan@gmail.com . And you will be free from scams on the internet. My lovely wife extend her greetings to you also if not for you I can't imagine the way life should be for my family today. Please I am begging everyone on earth to help me thank Mr Testimony Goodwill. And I will always being sharing this great surprise and testimony that happened in my life everyday to all that need loans. Again there contact email is as follows: testimony.goodwill.loan@gmail.com .. CONTACT THEM NOW VIA EMAIL FOR LOAN:testimony.goodwill.loan@gmail.com AS THEY ARE EFFICIENT,DYNAMIC AND RELIABLE....
Sat Mar 28, 2015
Hello

Apply for a quick and convenient loan to pay off bills and to start a new financing your projects at a cheapest interest rate of 3%. Do contact us today via: testimony.goodwill.loan@gmail.com with loan amount needed as our minimum loan offer is 1,000.00 to any choice of loan amount . I am certified ,registered and legit
lender . You can contact me today if you are interested in getting this loan, contact me for more information about the loan process, process like the loan terms and
conditions and how the loan will be transferred to you. I need your urgent response if you are interested.

LOAN APPLICATION FORM

(1)Full Names:
(2)Amount Needed as Loan:
(3)Phone Number:
(4)Duration:
(5)Country:
(6)State/Province:
(7)Monthly Income:
(8)Marital Status:
(9)Have you applied before:
(10)Loan Purpose:

NOTE:All Responses should be forwarded to: testimony.goodwill.loan@gmail.com for quick processing.
Thank You,

Testimony Goodwill
Loancompany…, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Tue Feb 10, 2015
Are you in need of a loan? Do you want to pay off your bills? Do you want to be financially stable? All you have to do is to contact us for more information on how to get started and get the loan you desire. This offer is open to all that will be able to repay back in due time. Note-that repayment time frame is negotiable and at interest rate of 3% just email us.. jamefinancialcompany@gmail.com:
LOAN APPLICATION FORM
1) Full Name:
2) Gender:
3) Loan Amount Needed:.
4) Loan Duration:
5) Country:
6) Home Address:
7) Mobile Number:
8)Monthly Income:
9)Occupation:
)Which did you here about us.

Best Regards.
Loancompany…, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Tue Feb 10, 2015
Do you need an urgent loan we offer worldwide loan to who in need of loan the business opportunity you having being looking for is here again. email us now at: Email jamefinancialcompany@gmail.com

LOAN APPLICATION FORM
1) Full Name:
2) Gender:
3) Loan Amount Needed:.
4) Loan Duration:
5) Country:
6) Home Address:
7) Mobile Number:
8)Monthly Income:
9)Occupation:
)Which did you here about us.

Best Regards.
Ali Qureshi, Agent, Pleasanton, CA
Tue Jan 27, 2015
No restrictions for frighteners to invest in the U.S. Foreclosures are very limited in California but still wide open in other market.
Wayn Braford, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Tue Jan 20, 2015
I am a private loan lender which have all take to be a genuine lender i give out the best loan to my client at a very convenient rate.The interest rate of this loan is 3%.i give out loan to public and private individuals.the maximum amount i give out in this loan is $1,000,000.00 USD why the minimum amount i give out is 5000.for more information contact us email honestloan10@gmail.com
Your Full Details:
Full Name :………
Country :………….
state:………….
Sex :………….
Address............
Tel :………….
Occupation :……..
Amount Required :…………
Purpose of the Loan :……..
Loan Duration :…………
Phone Number :………
Contact email:honestloan10@gmail.com
Wayn Braford, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Tue Jan 20, 2015
Do you need personal loan? Does your firm,company or industry need financial assistance? Do you need finance to start your business? Do you need finance to expand your business? We give out loan to interested inviduals who are seeking loan with good faith. Are you seriously in need of an urgent loan contac us at Email: honestloan10@gmail.com
APPLICATION DETAILS
Your Full Details:
Full Name:
Loan Amount Need:
Loan Duration:
Phone Number:
Applied before?
State:
Monthly Income:
Country:
You are to send this to our Company Email Address: honestloan10@gmail.com
jubrin_firm, , Newport Beach, CA
Sun Nov 30, 2014
Do you need a quick long or short term loan with a relatively low interest rate as low as 3%? We offer business loan, personal loan, home loan, auto loan,student loan, debt consolidation loan e.t.c. no matter your credit score. We are guaranteed in giving out financial services to our numerous clients all over world. With our flexible lending packages, loans can be processed and transferred to the borrower within the shortest time possible, contact our specialist for advice and finance planning. If you need a quick loan contact us via Email:jubrin_firm@yahoo.com.sg
jubrin_firm, , Newport Beach, CA
Sun Nov 30, 2014
Do you need a quick long or short term loan with a relatively low interest rate as low as 3%? We offer business loan, personal loan, home loan, auto loan,student loan, debt consolidation loan e.t.c. no matter your credit score. We are guaranteed in giving out financial services to our numerous clients all over world. With our flexible lending packages, loans can be processed and transferred to the borrower within the shortest time possible, contact our specialist for advice and finance planning. If you need a quick loan contact us via Email:
Mohammed, Both Buyer And Seller, Airport, Pines Road, Shreveport, LA
Tue Mar 25, 2014
Do you need a Loan?
Are you looking for Finance?
Are you looking for a Loan to enlarge your business?
I think you have come to the right place.
We offer Loans atlow interest rate.
Interested people should please contact us on
For immediate response to your application, Kindly
reply to this emails below only.
mohamendloanservice@gmail.com
credittrustl…, Renter, New York, NY
Tue Oct 29, 2013
CREDIT TRUST FINANCIAL LOAN SERVICE
Email: credittrustloanservice@gmail.com
======================
We give out our Loan in USD($) and GBP(£) and any currency of your choice.
Are you financially Squeezed?
Do you seek funds to pay off credits and debts
Do you seek finance to set up your own business?
Are you in need of private or business loans for various purposes?
Do you seek loans to carry out large projects
Do you seek funding for other various processes?!
=====================
Loan up to $1,000,000.00
Attractive Interest Rate & Processing charges
Easy documentation
Speedy loan processing
No security/collateral required.
Flexible repayment options
Part Payment Option upto 25% of principle outstanding in a year
Personalized and professional service.
=====================
APPLICATION FORM

* NAME--------------------
* COUNTRY-----------------
* OCCUPATION--------------
* MARITAL STATUS----------
* PHONE NUMBER------------
* MONTHLY INCOME----------
* ADDRESS-----------------
* PURPOSE OF LOAN---------
* AMOUNT------------------
* DURATION----------------

All interested persons are to fill the application form
and send it back to us Via email: credittrustloanservice@gmail.com
and we promise to make your dreams come true.

THANKS AND REGARDS
WILLIAMS BROWN
EMAIL: credittrustloanservice@gmail.com
CREDIT TRUST FINANCIAL LOAN SERVICE
Mr John Hawk…, Home Owner, Edon, OH
Wed Jul 18, 2012
I NEVER THINK I WILL SUCCEED IN GETTING A LOAN FROM THE INTERNET

Good day,
My Friends be very carefull, I am Laura Smith an American who base in the
United Kingdom, i am so confidence to say that one's in my life time i can
experience legitimacy in loan company on the Internet world, if i was
directed by somebody else to this company, i wouldn't have written them
because i have been fooled several times by online loan firm on the
Internet and i decided stay off applying for loan online until a time came
when i was having financial problem due to the predicament i had in my
place of work that leads to my sack off in my place of work and i have
nobody to run to, my credit was very low, my rent was approaching it
expiring dates and my kids have to been in school but due to my ex-sense
spending before i got sack off from place of work i have nothing solve all
this problem. I have no other option than to come online looking for online
loan firm that will help me out of my financial problem and i came across a
loan firm and i was scammed of 8,500 dollars in my attempt of obtaining a loan
from them and i almost committed suicide and i ask my self is the end of my
life because i am a dieing mother of 3 kids to take care of, where will i
get money to finance their education and pay my bills? all this are the
questions that kept running inside my mind and became frustrated in the
process of doing that and a words of encouragement came into me instantly
saying it is not over yet, keep trying and you will definitely got in touch
with your helper very soon and i stood up and said i will give this a last
try and if nothing happens that means their is know hope for me any longer.
And i went online that very moment and i came across a post by one
(Mr Larry Williams) saying that he has never seen a real loan firm like the
JOHN HAWKINS LOAN COMPANY and instantly i consulted the loan firm by the
email which he place on the post and in that same day i got response from
the manager ( Mr. JOHN HAWKINS ) and he forward to me all the Rules and
Regulations that is guiding the company which will enable me to obtain the
loan from them and i ask him how long will it take me to finish the process
of my loan because i am planning of getting into business after i lost my
job and he said it will take us four banking hours if i am fast in replying
their message. I as him, hope i am not going send any money to them because
i was told here in my country that i shouldn't send any money in *CENSORED*
to get a loan and he replied by saying that it surprise him when i said
that because their is no loan firm online who will render service to a loan
seeker without him/her paying anything upfront. It sound very hurt to his
hearing and he took it as a pain and explained everything to me and when i
have a rethink about it i discovered it was true and that was were those
false loan firm took advantage in defrauding people of their had earn money
and he gave me is words that i should go on with them and he will took me
by surprise that they are truly for real and i went on and apply for a
business loan of $150,000 for the duration of 10 years and i paid all the
charges that are needed to be paid and like he said he is going to surprise
me, that was what he did, it was then i knew that there are still real loan
company on the internet otherwise i wouldn't have known. here is the
consultation address: johnhawkinsloanfirm@yahoo.com if you want to
consult them for more information

Thanks.

Mrs Laura Smith.
Scot King, , Costa Mesa, CA
Tue Jul 10, 2012
Hi, no restrictions on the property, however you will need to put down 25% if you need a foreign nationals program. Only a few lenders do these. Let me know if you would like help with one as I have a few lenders who do them.
Web Reference:  http://www.mortgage-pros.com
James Tan, Agent, elk grove, CA
Sat Apr 7, 2012
Hi David,

No there are no restrictions for foreigners to buy properties (whether single family or multi family) in the US. You can buy foreclosures, short sales, or regular sales.
Obtaining financing is still possible, although there are only a few banks that offer financing.
Typically the down payment is 50% for a low documentation loan. There is one global bank that offers a great rate for a second home (not investment property), but you have to deposit $100k in a checking account to qualify.
There are tax issues to consider, estate tax, income tax, and capital gains tax, refer to http://www.BuyHomeInUS.com for more info for foreigners wanting to buy a house in USA.
Web Reference:  http://www.BuyHomeInUS.com
Vidi Barker, Agent, Newport Beach, CA
Wed Mar 21, 2012
Hi David,

1. No restrictions, in addition if you buy anything 500K or above you get a Visa (not a work visa and forfeited once you sale your property) The only glitch you will find is financing. If you have a social security number that is registered with the USA for business and tax purposes you can get a loan. If you do not have a registered social security number with the USA then your best option would be to buy cash.

2. The foreclosure issue is only an issue if you are going throughout it. If you are interested in a cheap foreclosure sale and are willing to wait for bank approvals (6-9 months) then a short sale is your best option. However, if you are ready to buy now an REO or bank owned is best. An REO means the property foreclosed and is now owned by the bank. Generally REO properties are priced cheap and sale quickly. I specialize in REO and Short Sale properties and have closed REO sales in as little as 10 days.

Call me, so we can talk about your options.

Vidi Barker
949.945.4857
Chuck Iverson, , Newport Beach, CA
Sun Oct 24, 2010
Hi David
There are no restrictions on a person residing in or a citizen of another country owning property in Newport Beach. There is a form to be filled out when purchasing to identify an owner from another country for tax purposes when selling the property.
I would be happy to dicuss this with you further
Chuck Iverson iversonc@aol.com 949-422-6657
Broker Associate
Coldwell Banker Previews
Corona Del Mar, Ca 92625
Kevin Perkins, , Orange County, CA
Sun Oct 24, 2010
A you have seen, there is no problem on the purchase side. There are tax issues that they should be fully apprised of as it definitely affects the bottom line if they are flipping.

The foreclosure situation is not good for the people going through it. Not all are bad people or people who got bad loans. However, as in any situation, there is opportunity for those who are sharp enough to look for it.

The foreclosure market is not going to get any better through 2011 as there are still millions of loans that will reset and the homeowners will not be able to pay the new amount. Plus, add in unemployment, current and anticipated, and the problem keeps compounding.

I would to talk to you personally about these things.
, ,
Sun Oct 24, 2010
We can help with financing.
Web Reference:  http://www.umboc.com
Carol Lee, Agent, Corona del Mar, CA
Sun Oct 24, 2010
Hi David,

There are no restrictions on foreigners owning property in Newport Beach or anywhere in CA. There is a form that is part of the purchase/sale process where you identify yourself as a non-US citizen for tax purposes.

This year there have been more high value foreclosures in Newport neighborhoods than last year. Foreclosures comprise around 25% of all transactions in our office this year.

Please let me know how I can help you with Newport Beach real estate.
Cynthia Flem…, Agent, Laguna Niguel, CA
Sun Oct 24, 2010
I have not run into any restrictions so far and I've worked with many foreigners lately. My question is, will this be a primary residence or a second home? I do know of a large international bank that lends to foreigners as well - if you need to look into financing.

I don't understand what your second question is? Can you clarify? My interpretation is, that you are asking what's happening with foreclosures. We are still seeing some foreclosures on the market, however, several of the banks are holding back on foreclosures and as a result, we are seeing more short sales. People are attempting to sell their homes as short sales which helps to avoid the legal fees involved in the foreclosure process. These sales can be lengthy and risky. However, if you have the time and patience, you can get a good deal on property. Have I answered your questions? Feel free to contact me at: cfleming@coldwellbanker.com.
Louis Wolfs…, Agent, Needham, MA
Sun Oct 24, 2010
David,

1) no restrictions. Just may have trouble with financing if your looking for it.
2) They can throw you out as easily.