Kim, Home Buyer in Lake Forest, CA

$99 daily extra fee written into contract as extra charge till escrow closes!.Under what conditions is the buyer considered responsible as "late?

Asked by Kim, Lake Forest, CA Thu Oct 31, 2013

The listing agent is also my realtor & wants to charge me for the extra days it takes for mobile park approval.

The conditions are contained in the agreement on one of the pages you signed or initialed. If you cannot determine if you are responsible for the late fee then ask your realtor to explain the agreement to you. If your Realtor doesn't know after reviewing your agreements then its time to contact a Real Estate Attourney.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 22, 2013
Any time past the scheduled close date.

J.R. Thrasher
I've seen this clause in contracts before. Anything past the contractual closing date is late. This is intended to compensate sellers' carrying costs when a contract doesn't close on time. Discuss the ramifications of this with your Realtor.
Your contract gives you a time period to close once you past that then the buyer is late A 30 day escrow meaning once you've past the 30 days the buyer has not closed escrow then their late
Have you asked your agent this question? You can ask the escrow company too

Ingrid Ski Realtor
OCAreaHomes@ gmail.com