1203 bronwyn corona 92882. foundation issue?

Asked by Cattywampus, Corona, CA Fri Feb 8, 2008

anybody know if this property has a foundation issue? the home is situated on small hill and we noticed some irregularities in the living room flooring (slight raise or 'hump') as well as a large diagonal crack that spans the width of the walkway in the backyard. i know i won't know first hand w/o an inspector but just wanted to know if anybody has any experience w/this property. thanks in advance.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Terri Chen’s answer
Terri Chen, , Eastvale, CA
Tue Dec 31, 2013
Home inspector is not capable to investigate foundation problem.

You need to hire soil engineer and structure engineer which can easily cost you $3K~$5K.

Foundation level within 1 inch variance over 20 foot span is considered as normal range.

Eastvale Discount Realty
Website: http://www.greenpot.com
949-335-6449 Office
951-888-0598 Text & Voice mail
0 votes
THE COPLAND…, Agent, Oakland, CA
Fri Feb 8, 2008
If you are thinking of buying the home. I would ask the agent if there are any reports on the property. By law they have to disclose any known problems and any previous work or reports available. If there are no reports on the property it would be wise to have a home inspection on the property. This can cost between $400-$700 dollars depending on the home but it is money well spent to protect your investment. The home inspection will note if there are any isssues and will advise you if the property should be evaluated by an engineer. They will look at electrical, plumbing and other important areas in a home.

Best Wishes.

Tiffany Copland
Web Reference:  http://www.CoplandTeam.com
1 vote
Liz Stevens, , Berkeley, CA
Sun Feb 10, 2008
Inspections done either by homeowners or prospective buyers are not public record. They are usually only the purview of the buyer who paid for it, and the sellers if they ask to see it. Liz
0 votes
Capone, , Chicago, IL
Sun Feb 10, 2008
Tread very lighty with this question Realtors you don't want to end up in court.
0 votes
Christopher…, Agent, Hemet, CA
Sun Feb 10, 2008
If you have concerns about the foundation, a home inspector, unless a structural engineer, will not have the ability to discern if the foundation has a serious problem. If you have a concerns, hire a structural engineer, of your choosing, to perform an inspection of the foundation and provide certification. Barring this, move on to another home. No ethical agent will provide information that could stigmatize a specific property unless at the request of an offering agent and, with specific approval of the agent or, in disclosures provided through escrow.
0 votes
Cattywampus, Home Buyer, Corona, CA
Fri Feb 8, 2008
thanks Liz and Tiffany. is there an online source where these reports can be viewed?
0 votes
Liz Stevens, , Berkeley, CA
Fri Feb 8, 2008
Usually, when you have a "hump" in the floors, particularly in the center of the house, it means that the perimeter foundation has settled, leaving the center supports at the original ground level. Have someone check out the entire foundation. All the best, Liz
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more