26 Surf Rd, Westport, CT 06880

Asked by Gilda Orwasher, Westport, CT Mon Jan 25, 2010

this porperty is listed as a foreclusre by your bank, how can i place a bid on it?

Answers

9
Joelle Malec, Agent, Fairfield, CT
Mon Jan 25, 2010
Not only should you have a realtor write your offer, but you should also choose a realtor who has experience with foreclosures and who has worked with and can refer you to a local lawyer also experienced in foreclosures and connections with the bank that has foreclosed the property...With your team in place the process can go as smoothly as any other real estate transaction
Chris and Ve…, Agent, Milford, CT
Mon Jan 25, 2010
Hi Realtors- My partner Vera Clark and I have been recieving phone calls directly, emails directly and posts on Trulia EXACTLY like this string of posts today from several fictitious buyers last week named James Barry, Robert Von Vent talking about dual citizenship, living in NYC on Park Ave, looking to buy this very house- as one of many. As it turns out we were not the only realtors he contacted in this large scale SCAM as we began to show property other relators had been "had" by the same story with different names. The scammers agree to sign anything and want you to preview properties, they even will try to write offers remotely however we've never met them in person. If anyone has more information to protect the safety of us and our clients please share with the community.
Betty Stroll, Agent, Greenwich, CT
Wed Jul 7, 2010
Gilda:
the house on Surf road did sell.

Betty
Darcy Sledge, , Westport, CT
Thu Jun 24, 2010
Hey Gilda,

A lot of agents offered help with short sales in general, but did not really answer your question, did they? There was a lot of chatter on the internet about it being in foreclosure, so it was hard to tell the real truth. According to town hall records, the bank (Deutsche, I believe) had started foreclosure filings in early 2010 and there was a $3 million outstanding loan. The house was listed for sale, but the listing was cancelled (list price $5.995) right around the time of the pre-foreclosure filing. Later the loan was assigned to American Home Mortgage with a restructuring, so as far as I know, it is not in foreclosure to my knowledge, and AT THIS TIME.. It was just recently listed in-house with a local realtor (not on the multiple listing) at a price of $4.695 as of June 24, 2010. As you surely know, these things can change, but that is the scoop for now! If you want to use a realtor who goes the extra mile, please contact me, and I would be happy to help you.
Web Reference:  http://www.dsledge.pruct.com
Betty Stroll, Agent, Greenwich, CT
Wed Feb 10, 2010
Hi Gilda..

I am a professional Realtor certified in Short Sales Foreclosures through the National Association of Realtors . I have been successfully selling and purchasing these homes since 2008.
I have a team of professional attorneys who specialize in these types of transactions. Its extremely important to have the knowledge to deal with all the issues that arise.
Please feel fee to call me at 203-682-4327.
Betty Stroll, ABR,GRI,CIPS and SFR
email: strollb@raveisre.com

PS Not all short sales/foreclosures are deals. Many require work.Banks will not let someone walk away with a deal. It takes approximately 120 days to close on the house or longer!
Julia Broder, Agent, Westport, CT
Mon Jan 25, 2010
Hi Guida,
Thank you for your question,
I am a realtor in Westport and know the property very well. My office has listed and sold on of the highest priced homes on the street...as stated from the other realtors...this house is listed and it is so important to use a licensed realtor who is savvy with foreclosures, working with banks and attorneys to get things closed and proper title passed. I have been working with attorneys and banks to help clients negociate debt , closings, (sales), short sales and foreclosures for a while. Please feel free to contact me with any questions...it is a process but very profitable with patience and the right people representing you.
Good luck to you and I hope to hear from you,
1-203-247-7500
All my best,
Julia Broder
Web Reference:  http://www.juliabroder.com
Hannelore Ka…, Agent, new canaan, CT
Mon Jan 25, 2010
Gilda,
Call me to discuss.
I have been working with an attorney who has a great deal of success in dealing with the banks on short sales & foreclosures.
Hannelore Kaplan
203-653-6619
Chris and Ve…, Agent, Milford, CT
Mon Jan 25, 2010
This property is listed on the MLS. You can write a contract to purchase through a licensed realtor to do so and it will be presented.
Anne Astley, Agent, Old Lyme, CT
Mon Jan 25, 2010
Gilda

I would suggest you find yourself a Realtor. It is our job to help clients work their way through the homebuying process.

Check out http://www.coldwellbanker.com and find a great local agent to work with.

Regards

Anne