In terms of looking at safety, I would absolutely recommend checking out Trulia's Crime Maps:
I hope that helps, good luck!
Ali, Community Manager
2. If nice, high-end finishes with large floor plan and good layout.... $1400+
3. check with the local municipality.
Sohail A. Salahuddin | Broker Associate | Visionary
Innovative Property Consultants Team | Sales and Leasing
Jameson Sothebyâ€™s International Realty
425 W. North Ave. | Chicago, IL 60610 â€¨
O: 312.335.3230 | C: 312.437.7799 | F: 847.805.6030
"Locally Known, Globally Recognized"
1. Rental market in Old Irving matches the rest of the rental market in Chicago - things slow down November - March and pick up in April. That said, property rents in all seasons.
2. "Easy" rental can be determined by both pricing and amenities, proximity to public trans is important but A/C, parking and W/D in unit can be just as important. Usually when rentals are priced correctly in this market they rent in 7-14 days - 2 bed, 1.1 bath units probably rent in the $1100-1300 range.
3. Irving Park is a great neighborhood with a ton of families - I encourage you to compare the crime in Old Irving to a neighborhood with which you are familar so you can judge the neighborhood on the actual type/time of crimes in the area from the statistics.
Please let me know if you would like help finding the right property to buy - I can also help you rent and manage the property if you would like. I know of a few great opportunities in that area.
If you have any further questions please feel free to email me or call me.
2. It depends on the condition of the property and how you price it.
3. You have to make that conclusion on your own. Crime is everywhere, but you'll have to figure out what your comfortable with. You can check out Everyblock.com or the city's clearmap website.